Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-16, 12:12 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I want to know about the pilates instructor too! I have a huge collection and can't seem to find one who would fit the description. Pilates people being a generally mild group, lol!
Well, you don't have to worry. It wasn't anybody mainstream in America such as Cassey Ho or Kristin McGee (some of hers). I am quite a bit too beginner-ish to continue with theirs (mat pilates sequences; know zilch about machine or anything beyond small prop-resisted types) ; and both their attitudes rock ... !

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 02:12 PM  
woodie

Happens to me all the time. I felt that way about Jillian Michaels but then enjoyed Body Revolution, though her personality doesn't bother me. I also felt that way about Amy Bento's step workouts but now she is my fave.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 02:17 PM  
PhyllisG

That happened to me with Leslie. Never even interested in walking workouts. Really that is a workout? That changed and I was walking with Leslie nearly every day plus other workouts. Now i have gone off them again.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 02:40 PM  
marya

WISH this would happen to me with Classical Stretch! I wholeheartedly applaud the theory behind CS, but when I attempt the workouts themselves, I just deflate. CoolGirl, thanks for enabling me to hang on to my CS workouts awhile longer.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 03:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

there's many threads with the title "revisiting...." and it happens more than you think!

for me, it was KCM. I didn't like her bootcamp DVD. for at least a year, I avoided any threads with her name in the title. I now own 4 of her workouts, and just bought 5 workouts during her new year's sale.

Denise Austin was another one - I saw her show on Lifetime and even made fun of her! I liked her books, though, and her pregnancy DVD. but didn't dare try her regular DVDs, assuming I would be wasting my money. sometime in the early 2000's Denise hired a new choreographer (Lisa Wheeler). however, I didn't try anything new from Denise until much later. when I saw the raves on VF, I decided to give it shot.
now I own practically all of the ones she released with Lisa as her choreographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
WISH this would happen to me with Classical Stretch! I wholeheartedly applaud the theory behind CS, but when I attempt the workouts themselves, I just deflate. CoolGirl, thanks for enabling me to hang on to my CS workouts awhile longer.
of the 3 CS's I bought, I kept Class of 2012 and traded the other 2 away to a gushing VFer. i think i can handle Sahra, but had a hard time with Miranda.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 03:22 PM  
andtckrtoo

Yep - another one who will never get rid of workouts because just when I decide I don't want to do something, I realize I love it, and that's all I want to do.
Old 01-04-16, 04:29 PM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

Another kind of nostalgia:

When I relocated eight years ago, I got rid of my old combo tv/VCR and all my collected workouts on videotape. Now I want EVERYTHING back!

But you can help me out. If I want to reconstruct my Cathe Friedrich collection on DVD, where should I start? Right now, I'm using Jari Love, and I enjoy her chaptered workouts so I can pick and choose body parts to save time and/or boost intensity. Does Cathe have some good chaptered DVDs?

I fondly remember my favorite Body Pump video with the red set and the peppy Kiwi workout team. As far as I know, that never came out on DVD.

By the way, I go back to Leslie Sansone from time to time, and I'm always surprised again by the sweaty results. Just walking! Who knew??
Old 01-05-16, 01:11 PM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

This thread caused me to rummage in my current collection. I discovered a DVD I bought at Half-Price books sometime or another and never opened.

It's a "Cooking Light" video featuring Violet Zaki. She has a pleasant accent (Aussie?) and encouraging style. No annoyance factor at all. I previewed it this morning, and I think I'll like it for a short-workout day. Not that it isn't challenging, as every new routine always is. Serendipity for the new year.
Old 01-05-16, 01:21 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L View Post
This thread caused me to rummage in my current collection. I discovered a DVD I bought at Half-Price books sometime or another and never opened.

It's a "Cooking Light" video featuring Violet Zaki. She has a pleasant accent (Aussie?) and encouraging style. No annoyance factor at all. I previewed it this morning, and I think I'll like it for a short-workout day. Not that it isn't challenging, as every new routine always is. Serendipity for the new year.
Barb, I enjoy Violet's workouts for the same reason 😊 She doesn't have a ton, but the few she has are nice. I know she has one for Crunch, one of the Trainer's Edge (Killer Kicks , maybe?) And a couple others, one of which might be the one you mentioned.

The pleasant accent might be why I enjoy Les Mills Combat and all my UK workouts so much... They just seem so much more lighthearted than some others 😉
Old 01-05-16, 02:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Barb, I enjoy Violet's workouts for the same reason �� She doesn't have a ton, but the few she has are nice. I know she has one for Crunch, one of the Trainer's Edge (Killer Kicks , maybe?) And a couple others, one of which might be the one you mentioned.
another violet fan here too. she did 2 videos for Acacia - here's the set (Barb, this might be the one? it says "cooking light" on the front). the set that I linked contains a Kristin McGee disc too.

I have her Crunch, Self (she leads), and the few she appeared in for BodyBar (as a cast member). I also have the Star Trainers videos that she led/appeared in. I think I lack her Killer Kicks video. that might be the only one. I wish she did more!

eta: youtube has some of her ExerciseTV videos. a full length Bridal Bootcamp video is there, and is mostly led by Violet, with 1 segment by Stephanie Vitorino.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote