Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-15, 07:16 PM  
lesia

I have nothing to add but admiration for sticking to fitness!
I've exercised since I was high school and am now 48. I sometimes wonder how long I can keep up with the likes of my fitness programs which includes Cathe.

I love reading posts like this. Inspiration to me to keep moving. You are my Shero!

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 07:46 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I have nothing to add but admiration for sticking to fitness!
I've exercised since I was high school and am now 48. I sometimes wonder how long I can keep up with the likes of my fitness programs which includes Cathe.

I love reading posts like this. Inspiration to me to keep moving. You are my Shero!

Lesia
Absolutely this!!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 02:59 AM  
marya

I'll turn 69 in 2016, and I also need to work on strength, flexibility, and joint health. I'll likely revert to yoga paper workouts so I can proceed at my own pace and modify as needed.

One of the most effective DVD workouts I've found for happy joints is Lee Holden's Qigong for Strong Bones and Joints.

I wish Jill Miller and CS had been around when I was in my 30s--or even in my 40s. Now I couldn't do either without incurring major bodily harm. IMO, the instructors simply move too rapidly for anyone with any degree of impairment or limitation. (I'd have found much of Jill Miller unsafe even in my 40s.)

DonnaMarie, have you considered T-Tapp? I would strongly recommend the T-Tapp MORE workout. There's also a Senior Fit T-Tapp workout, but I haven't done that one.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 03:08 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

My goal is, as always, to keep moving and have fun! I plan to keep enjoying my eclectic mix of workouts: walking, rebounding, ballet, barre, Essentrics, yoga, swimming, a little step & hi/lo. I might do another cardio/toning rotation like Slim Series at some point and I have a few TA DVDs I wouldn't mind trying a rotation with. I am awaiting my Barre3 Black Friday subscription package in the mail and look forward to their streaming workouts. I do a lot of stretching and yin yoga and that keeps my back & joints happy.
BTW I am 58.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 03:43 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
.....I wish Jill Miller and CS had been around when I was in my 30s--or even in my 40s. Now I couldn't do either without incurring major bodily harm......
Being in my 30's didn't protect me from CS. I woke up the next morning after my 1st CS session and felt like I had been beaten with hammers. Vidiot that I am, I healed up and went back to experiment/modify a few more times. Made some progress in that I hurt less post CS. But not the best results considering I always started the session pain free I also gave some of the beginner CS programs to a co-worker and it exacerbated her pain. So it might have more to do with a body's preference than with age.
Old 12-23-15, 11:20 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Being in my 30's didn't protect me from CS. I woke up the next morning after my 1st CS session and felt like I had been beaten with hammers. Vidiot that I am, I healed up and went back to experiment/modify a few more times. Made some progress in that I hurt less post CS. But not the best results considering I always started the session pain free I also gave some of the beginner CS programs to a co-worker and it exacerbated her pain. So it might have more to do with a body's preference than with age.
I had the same thing with just about any Jill Miller video. They made me hurt. Kneehab was the worst!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane adams yoga, kettlebell boomer, senior exercise, susie hathaway, vintage vfers