Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-14, 10:15 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Just previewed #3. Still doable and modifications are shown. Zuska is in this one. There's this move: crossover push-ups where only the guy that looks like The Rock can do them. I think his name is Keith. Everyone else modifies! I'll probably modify a lot as I go through this set. I did that with JMBR. On the 2nd round I was able to do the advanced moves. Everyone should go at their own pace and be safe.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 10:22 PM  
rheash92

Are there any breakdowns of the moves? And how does this set rate in difficulty as compared to JMBr?

Is this still front of the body day 1 and back of the body on day 2? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 10:28 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
It really isn't that different from her other workouts, Lizzo! I think you'll love them if you like JM!
Now that I am previewing them, I am really digging what I am seeing! It is a lot of her previous moves, but I think this is her most strategic sequencing yet with how she works each group of muscles. I can see major DOMS on the horizon (this is probably not for those who dread getting DOMS).

I am still a little afraid to preview Opus. Saving that house of horrors for later.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 11:15 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Previewed #4.....lots of burpees with chest to the floor.
Zuska's in this one too.
Old 12-29-14, 11:24 PM  
catcrazy

I did day 1 today. I really liked it and am excited to work my way through the rotation!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 09:03 AM  
LeanneM

I'm continuing to love this set, too! I'm starting week two today, and my pants are already a bit looser -- which is especially nice after all I've been eating during the holidays!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 01:21 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I'll use my Rebounder for the high impact moves like I usually do for high impact.....but that does suck when the Modifier has to keep being reminded to "modify"!! LOL
anyone?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-14, 11:07 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Are there any breakdowns of the moves? And how does this set rate in difficulty as compared to JMBr?

Is this still front of the body day 1 and back of the body on day 2? Thanks!
I think this set condenses 3 months of JMBR into 2 months of JMBS so it's harder in that aspect. I haven't previewed all the DVDs but none of it is easy. And she tells you how to make the moves easier and harder. She keeps the same splits for front and back of body to be worked on alternate days. OPUS has the crazy moves---haven't watched that yet and doubt I'll EVER do those moves---but it should be cool to watch.
Old 12-31-14, 11:13 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
anyone?

Only you will be able to tell what is doable for you. She shows modifications for most of the moves. If you were able to do JMBR with your rebounder then hopefully you will be able to do JMBS. Just be safe. I wear knee braces cause I know I'll wreck my knees if I don't.. Wish I could use a rebounder but it gives me a headache. Jars my brain...
Old 12-31-14, 11:21 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Previewed #5: This one had mostly all new moves. I'd only seen 5 of the moves before in JMBR. Hard but doable. Will probably modify most of the moves. Nothing too crazy. I think all the insane moves are on OPUS.

#6: Mostly new moves/combos as well. This is nice for variety. Zuska's in this one. Glad she's been wearing pants in the last few. She was constantly adjusting her shorts in the early DVDs.

Tags
bodyshred, jillian michaels