Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-28-14, 06:41 PM  
lorajc

Well, I'm not working and don't have the money for these, so I had my Mom lend me the money (I do sell on Ebay - so I told her I'd pay her back as I can)..

I hope I didn't get in "over my head with these". I have a spinal injury and know I'll have to modify a lot. I hope the modifier is good enough for me to follow. Do you ladies think I'm gonna be okay? I know I'll have to use some of my own modifications, like i'm not supposed to raise weights over my head, etc.

Do we know what the return policy is?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-14, 06:53 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Well, I'm not working and don't have the money for these, so I had my Mom lend me the money (I do sell on Ebay - so I told her I'd pay her back as I can)..

I hope I didn't get in "over my head with these". I have a spinal injury and know I'll have to modify a lot. I hope the modifier is good enough for me to follow. Do you ladies think I'm gonna be okay? I know I'll have to use some of my own modifications, like i'm not supposed to raise weights over my head, etc.

I think you can send them back within thirty days and get a refund, minus the shipping fee of $20.

The modifier is pretty good, but Jillian has to keep reminding her to modify. Once you get them, you can probably preview them and see if they'll work for you. There are a lot of moves like high knees, burpees, jumping jacks, etc. Hopefully they will work for you!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-14, 07:03 PM  
lorajc

I'll use my Rebounder for the high impact moves like I usually do for high impact.....but that does suck when the Modifier has to keep being reminded to "modify"!! LOL
Old 12-29-14, 10:24 AM  
dnna

in the first series, she moves very quickly from one exercise to another, plus she moves from the floor to standing very quickly. there isn't much time to transition, if that might be difficult for you.
these are fast and fierce, you might want a program that moves a little slower
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 10:45 AM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:

Please be careful! There's a lot of getting up and down quickly and it's very fast paced. Definitely preview the discs and see if it's something that's safe for you to do. Personally, I wouldn't suggest these if you have an injury....
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 12:55 PM  
iheartsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
I need to be pushed to workout and she definitely pushes me. . Personally, I wouldn't mind if she put out a DVD where she was plain old mean. I'd find it motivating.
Love this! In one of her previous workouts, can't remember which one, she says something like "I'm going to come thru that tv screen and kick your a$$"
Stuff like that always makes me smile...

Can't wait to get this new set.
Old 12-29-14, 02:29 PM  
lorajc

Do you ladies think I should l pull out my Revolution set and do some of those prior to getting the new set? cuz I'm an injured person?
Old 12-29-14, 03:02 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Just wanted to let everyone reading this thread know that I posted in Bargain Watch that the Body Revolution set is on sale at Amazon, currently for $68.38!

http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-05-59144...ody+revolution
Old 12-29-14, 03:48 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Do you ladies think I should l pull out my Revolution set and do some of those prior to getting the new set? cuz I'm an injured person?
You might want to do that. I think you could modify it. I just had a total hip replacement 9 weeks ago and I have to modify one move in launch. I think you will still get a great workout with it. Maybe you could do Launch and Rise longer than recommended. Once you get through those two along with the first cardio one without having to modify then you can move up. I still have about 2 weeks before my restrictions are done so I just listen to my body. Actually, I am doing some things not recommended so soon after a hip replacement. The physician assistant I saw 7 weeks post op said I should be fine as long as I had the muscle tone to do it. I have lots of muscle tone and built it up before my surgery. I know what I am comfortable with and what I am not comfortable with. I think you will know that too.

Cheryl
Old 12-29-14, 07:24 PM  
lorajc

I don't knoe w if we should go so far to say I shdnt fo the new series wupith an injury.....I've been worjpking out around it fipor 20 years and i modify and still get a gtpreat wo. I have Body Revolution and with mods I'm fine...........its not like I'm newky injured ....can't move ....injured, although I've been there more times then I care to admit.

Tags
bodyshred, jillian michaels