Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-14, 05:32 PM  
dnna

Would you need to be able to complete 9, 10, 11 &12 weeks in JMBR to begin this set? Could a low intermediate do the first half of the rotation?I could complete weeks 7 and 8, and I had to modify 9 & 10, I did not attempt 11 & 12.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 02:17 AM  
Yoyogirl72

Did wkout 2 tonight. I liked it. Very comparable to BR with a few new moves. Set up is the same as BR where you do wkout 1&2 on mt,hf and cardio on wed and sat for 2 weeks before moving on. Warm ups are the same for all workouts. There are no crazy moves in this one either. There are donkey kicks (kicking up both legs backwards) which I think was the only "scary" move. I did the modified lower kick version. Pleasantly sore today. Very doable so far. Still used 5lb weights but dropped down to 3's for the side lunge serve move. Did not preview prior to doing the workout so with rewinding and pausing it took me 38 min to finish.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 02:23 AM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Would you need to be able to complete 9, 10, 11 &12 weeks in JMBR to begin this set? Could a low intermediate do the first half of the rotation?I could complete weeks 7 and 8, and I had to modify 9 & 10, I did not attempt 11 & 12.
No you don't need to have done JMBR. I basically wasn't working out except for about 5-6 days per month for the last 8 months. I'm by no means in the awesome shape I was in 2 years ago when I did 2 rounds of JMBR and I'm 10 lbs heavier. Used to be able to do toe push ups and now am back to doing the modified ones. Ah well, at least I know improvement will come. I think if you are an absolute beginner then this may be too much but if you've done any of jillians workouts before then you can do this.
Old 12-24-14, 06:42 AM  
T2B

So how is the music? Is it similar to BR? I like the music in those. Is Omar & Kenda in the workouts? I thought I saw both in a clip. TIA.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 05:50 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
So how is the music? Is it similar to BR? I like the music in those. Is Omar & Kenda in the workouts? I thought I saw both in a clip. TIA.
Music is similar to JMBR. Omar and Kenta are the only ones who are from JMBR. Anita from 30DS is on cardio 1 and Zuska is on cardio 1. She does the cool down on cardio 1. Each move is for 30 sec. Similar to cardio in JMBR with a few new moves. Nothing crazy. Still liking it. Can't believe how out of shape I've gotten. Took me 33 min to do this one with a few pauses and rewinds. This was not as taxing as wkout 1&2 for which I was grateful!
Old 12-25-14, 12:24 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
Music is similar to JMBR. Omar and Kenta are the only ones who are from JMBR. Anita from 30DS is on cardio 1 and Zuska is on cardio 1. She does the cool down on cardio 1. Each move is for 30 sec. Similar to cardio in JMBR with a few new moves. Nothing crazy. Still liking it. Can't believe how out of shape I've gotten. Took me 33 min to do this one with a few pauses and rewinds. This was not as taxing as wkout 1&2 for which I was grateful!
Thank you! This is on my list. I think I can wait a year, after the price drops.

Glad that you are enjoying the workouts; I really like Jillian.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-14, 01:22 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

After reading this thread, I took the foot out of my mouth and caved. I treat myself to holiday fitness splurges every year and this was my gift to myself. I was initially worried Jillian was trying too hard to be hardcore and extreme, but glad to hear this isn't as bananas and dangerous as it initially looked. I am usually a big JM fan otherwise, so I am happy to hear this isn't so different from her usual fare.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-14, 10:13 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
I was initially worried Jillian was trying too hard to be hardcore and extreme, but glad to hear this isn't as bananas and dangerous as it initially looked. I am usually a big JM fan otherwise, so I am happy to hear this isn't so different from her usual fare.
It really isn't that different from her other workouts, Lizzo! I think you'll love them if you like JM!

I'm honestly mixed about Jillian, and am just loving this set! I've been in a bad workout rut the past few months and have been dragging myself to work out, but since I got these, I look forward to doing them every day!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-14, 12:39 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Is this different enough from JMBR to spend the $? I'm doing JMBR right now and it's the only rotation that I've hung on to for this long - I love it! So another one would be good, but I prefer some fresh stuff too.

Thanks!
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-14, 08:10 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
Is this different enough from JMBR to spend the $? I'm doing JMBR right now and it's the only rotation that I've hung on to for this long - I love it! So another one would be good, but I prefer some fresh stuff too.

Thanks!
It was worth the $ for me because I just haven't been able to stick to a rotation in awhile. I loved JMBR and am loving JMBS. I think what I love most about her rotations, besides Jillian herself, is that you change workouts every 2 weeks and never do them again for the rotation. Except for cardio that you do 2x/wk x 1 month before moving to cardio 2. If she changed cardio every 2 weeks as well I think it would be a perfect system for me. But it is nice to see the improvements as you go along. I may sub her JMBR cardio if I get bored. I can see myself sticking to this and then doing JMBR again. I look forward to the results that I know I get with Jillian. I need to be pushed to workout and she definitely pushes me. . Personally, I wouldn't mind if she put out a DVD where she was plain old mean. I'd find it motivating.

Tags
bodyshred, jillian michaels