Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-05, 10:11 AM  
acescholar

Reviews of Jammin 32's?

I'd love to hear what those of you who have tried this workout think? I'm an advanced stepper who is willing to work on fun choreography, and I'm looking for some step variety. I like Cathe, though I haven't quite gotten into Christi. Let me know what you think.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 07:02 PM  
lisaw
VF Supporter

Think you'd like it

I haven't done this one in about 2 weeks, so I can't describe too much specifically. It is somewhat complex choreography, not as complex as Christi, more complex than Kari. If I remember right, the first half is 4 combinations, then the second half is 4 more. She never puts the whole thing together at the end, which would have been nice. It took me a few times to get every move. Even the warm-up combination is fun! And there's a core section after the aerobics. Did you check the reviews section to see if anyone wrote a detailed review? If not maybe I will write one, my first, after the next time I do this workout. Good luck!
lisaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 01:33 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

The intensity of these workouts are much lower than Cathe. While I didn't think the choreography was that difficult, there is a lot of basic steps or step knees between learning different parts of the combos. The first half is broken down and well taught with lots of basics and knees.

The second half is blocks of complex choreography not broken down and just pretty much thrown at you. The odd part is there is still a lot of basics and knees up. The time would have been much better spent teaching moves or putting them together. You'd do 16 knees up and then she'd throw a whole block of choreo at you. The workout needed more consistency and less filler.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote