Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-20, 08:04 AM  
JezthePuff2

Cathe Strong & Sweaty vs. Fit Split

I asked this on another thread but it probably is better to create a new one. For those of you who have both, which one do you like/use more? Also, is either more "intermediate" or modifiable than the other. I've been using LITE for now and will start working on ICE soon. I just want to order another set with the latest pre-order.

Though knowing me, I'll just order both.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~

Last edited by JezthePuff2; 01-16-20 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Fixed Title
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 02:21 PM  
desderata

I didn't care for Fit Split very much and hardly ever used it. I think the only one I liked was the kickbox and lower body one. The rest of the cardio I thought was ho hum and the weight lifting didn't seem like enough for me. I like the original 4 Day Split much better, although Cathe's cuing is just abysmal - really really awful, and makes the cardio frustrating. I like many of the Strong and Sweaty workouts - PHA is an all time favorite, I also especially like Ramped Up Upper Body and Total Body Giant Sets.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 02:24 PM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

I'd vote for Fit Split

I would say Strong & Sweaty is more advanced. Cardio Slam is a beast... Fit Split isn't really intermediate, but I think after doing LITE and ICE it would be a nice next step.

I like Fit Split a lot, and the workouts can be divided up and recombined in lots of different ways. That makes it quite flexible and also lets you create different variations to keep things fresh.
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 02:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I also vote for FitSplit as your next step

I like both of these series and still use FitSplit quite a bit, primarily for the cardio as an add on for other workouts. This series is very versatile, IMHO. I know it's not a favorite of many, but it's right up my alley. I wasn't a big fan of Cardio Slam in Strong and Sweaty, but the other workouts were good.

I agree with what KathyW said---Strong and Sweaty is more advanced in general than FitSplit, and perhaps less modifiable (is that a word?). If you are only going to buy one (or if you buy both ), FitSplit would be a good first set to use before you tackle Strong and Sweaty. IMHO of course.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 03:30 PM  
ChelePA

From the other thread. In case you missed it.

My only disappointment with Fit Split was the premixes. I think this is the easier of the 2 choices especially the cardio. You can always increase/decrease weights for those segments. Both offer different types of workouts (boot camp and PHA on S&S) so it may depend on what you’re looking for. Can’t go wrong with either. Can always modify as needed. Good luck!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 03:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Seems like this might be a good thread for me to ask about Boot Camp in Strong & Sweaty. I really like the PHA workouts. Wondering if I would enjoy that "newish" Boot Camp offering as well. Thoughts?
Old 01-16-20, 03:51 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I must be the outlier here because I find Fit Split so hard to do (even with modifications) that I never do it. I can modify Strong and Sweaty better. Different strokes and all that.

By the way, you can edit your title if you "go advanced."
Old 01-16-20, 04:09 PM  
Shelbygirl

Hands down, I prefer Strong & Sweaty over Fit Split.

I like the weight work in Fit Split well enough, but the cardio (except for the kickboxing) to me is the same thing in all workouts. They are all drill based exercises, but with differing levels of impact.

The weight work in Strong & Sweaty is awesome with lots of options.

If you are looking for cardio, however, you will definitely get more out of Fit Split.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 05:07 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Seems like this might be a good thread for me to ask about Boot Camp in Strong & Sweaty. I really like the PHA workouts. Wondering if I would enjoy that "newish" Boot Camp offering as well. Thoughts?
I like all of Cathe’s Boot Camp workouts. The original is harder than S&S with Ice being easier. I think it gives a nice total body cardio and strength workout. Abs aren’t included in each round but you can add them with the premixes or do them at the end. I avoid weight work so these type of workouts really appeal to me.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 05:28 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Boot Camp is my favorite. It is a no-boredom workout for me. It moves quick and though it isn't a killer workout, it is challenging.

I actually like the cardio in Fit Split, with exception of the Boxing. I just don't like boxing and find this one boring. But last night I did the Mixed Impact as an add on to some weight work. The cardio is short but intense. I really like Low Impact and Metabolic Conditioning. The 2 together are really fun and I like this MC better than the ICE one. I do not care for the Push Pull at all. I just don't click with it and find it boring. I do like the Legs and Glutes. Short and it packs a punch.

Strong & Sweaty: Not a fan of the PHA, too much repetition. 3X is just too much. There is a premix with 2 rounds. I love Total Giant Sets and Boot Camp and Upper Body. Cardio Slam is ok, but not one I embark on often. I also use that cardio as add ons.

I can't remember which set has the awful core work with the discs. I think it's Fit Split, but it's too hard to do and too hard on my back and wrists. Really hate it and I usually love Cathe's core work.

They both have their place in my workout regime, not in love with them, but still glad I purchased them.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, fit split, fit split reviews, strong and sweaty, strong and sweaty reviews