Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-18, 10:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hope it works for you Laura!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-18, 11:15 AM  
cindyw75

I have tried two of the workouts so far, and I really like them! She really gets a great workout in for a short amount of time. I've done the Cardio Core and the Upper Body Supersets videos. Both are great. Cardio Core is tough, but the short amount of time makes it very doable. So, now I need to try other KCM workouts!
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-18, 01:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried Kettlebell Kickbox last night. Thoughts:
  1. Warmup was speedier than I prefer;
  2. I like the tabata style - I can work hard for a short time and then catch my breath;
  3. I enjoyed the KBs but not as much as Slim Sculpt;
  4. The boxing patterns seemed simple enough but I'm not good at boxing workouts.

I rate this one as a like, not a love. Kelly gave me some good advice on how to box on her FB page, and encouraged me to practice some more.
Old 09-29-18, 03:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving this thread! I never really paid attention to this one when it came out b/c I didn't think I'd be interested in a multi-workout set...but now the price is not much more than for a single DVD!

I have been reviewing some of Kelly's strength workouts that I don't have b/c I'd like to add another to my collection. I want the potential to lift heavy but also shorter (15-20m) premixes for days that I just want to do an add-on. I looked as Muscle Up and liked it; it does have at least a couple of shorter premixes. I also looked at her new Sculpting Rx, but that was less appealing to me.

Then I started looking and Build and Burn--it looks awesome! Not crazy about the set (I loved her old set with the windows) but don't mind the outfits, at least from the clips. What I really love is that there are SO MANY premix options less than 20 minutes--perfect for me!

So, are people still using/liking this? Do you use as a complete rotation or just as individual workouts? Can I get by without a weight bench/club step? I usually sub my foam roller to lie on (never thought of using a bolster here either!) and my Firm Fanny Lifter if I need a step, which generally works.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-18, 08:20 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I really enjoy the upper body and lower body sections of Build & Burn -- 25 minutes and done for each one! This makes it easy to combine on a leisurely day or to squeeze in on a time-crunched day (maybe add on 5-10 mins of abs from somewhere else to get to a 30-35 mins workout). Low equipment needs too = no fussing around to get the job done
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-18, 08:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Tiffany--that definitely sounds good to me!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-30-18, 07:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, I like Build & Burn. For a bench I have used my stability ball, which has the added benefits of causing you to use other muscles to hold you up.

I also used my large round bolster as a "bench" and it worked fine for the short period of time it was needed. For an incline bench you can put blocks under the top end of the bolster to slant it.

Muscle Up is wonderful and the premixes are great for add-ons.
Old 09-30-18, 02:18 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Pat! I have both on my wish list.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
build and burn, home gym intervals, kcm, kcm build and burn, kelly coffey-meyer, kettlebells