Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-17, 11:03 AM  
TinaT

Can I just say, I've been humbled by Suzanne and my 1 lb weights. Just finished (BA) WU + Light Weight Work + Stretch. ( I passed on the Matt Work). I only got in appx 15 minutes today. I volunteer at our church thrift store on Wednesday and do 5-6 hours of heavy lifting, so I didn't do everything scheduled.

I watched the "Matt Work" and OMGoodness, it will be tough for me. Planks, pushup, and all sorts of body weight exercises going on. I now wished I would have done 2 set of the Light Weight Work. It's only 9 minute one time through. Maybe next time. I am pleasantly sore from the past 2 days of butt and thigh work, but not to the point of being stiff.

No joint pain to speak of either. My other mind set I'm trying to keep front and center is "doing something everyday for myself, no matter how long or short, is better than nothing at all." So I'll take the 15 minutes I gave myself today and consider it time well spent.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 12:54 PM  
donnamp

Thanks Tina - I'm thinking about trying her challenge - the price is reasonable. If I recall correctly, she mentioned in her blog post that she would be sending out the schedules later this week. That may help me decide!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 09:42 PM  
Cher

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you are done in a month Tina.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 08:56 AM  
TinaT

One observation I noticed about the 28 Day Rotation, is that you could easily insert other instructors routines if they are well chaptered like SB. The time frames will probably be a bit off, but you would be working the same body parts scheduled for that day. For those that need variety, this would be something to consider. I'm still new to using SB, so boredom hasn't set in ... yet.
Old 09-28-17, 09:56 AM  
Rhonda

I had all the DVDs and then sold them, as I just wasn't in to those workouts and didn't think they would give a good workout.

Well now I am totally interested in them and want to get the bundle but I think I still have a couple of the DVDs.

TinaT- can wait to hear your end of the 4 week results. Then I can decide if I want to try or not.

I know SBF has streaming but I don't have good internet so I don't go this route. I did have Cathe Live at one time and 90% of the time it was fine but there were days it wasn't and when you planning on doing the workout, it is kinda disappointing to have to find something else on DVD to do.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 10:09 AM  
antbuko

Does anyone know if the DVD workouts are also available on her streaming site?
Old 09-28-17, 10:53 AM  
TinaT

Just finished Day 4 and even though I've done "Seat" for 2 days of the 4, the routines were different. BA & BC Seat exercises are different, so no worries about variety vs repeat.

I acquired one of the Classical Stretch Season just in case I needed more stretching. Well, so far I feel as though Suzanne really gives great time and attention to her stretching segments, so I haven't pull out CS yet. She even reminds us to relax our face, which I needed reminding.

Today was 28 min. and I'm all done. With this rotation it should be quite easy to really give it your all, knowing it's planned out by body parts for the majority of it.
Old 09-28-17, 03:17 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
From what I remember when I tried it for 2 days, was the 'feel good cardio' segment from her earlier DVDs. (She wears a turquoise tank top, not sure which one that is? It's been a while that I did that one..)

Tina,
I love hearing your daily reviews! I've been going through her Bounce DVD these past days and really love it! I have yet to decide how to proceed with her other DVDs, how to mix it all in...

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 03:45 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
If you mean the actual dvds themselves or individual segments from the dvds then no. But there are so many that you could substitute if that is what you are looking for.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 06:30 PM  
hotncmom

I've been doing a rotation of Suzanne's DVD's (all of them, not just the BarreAmped) for almost 6 weeks now. This is the longest I've stuck with a rotation for a long time. I'm not bored and I haven't even used all of her DVD's yet. I still haven't done all of BA Cardio Fat Burn or Boot Camp. I don't own Fire or Bounce (yet). So I could easily keep going for 6 more weeks, I think. I'm also adding in some floorwork from other instructors for the legs, which is easy to add on because I'm only doing 30 minutes/day of Suzanne.

As for results, I'm definitely getting stronger. My arms are looking really nice. I need to cut back on the food a bit to lean out, though. I'm under some extra stress and I find myself eating more than I should. Hopefully things will calm down soon so I can relax and sleep better.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat belly barre, suzanne bowen