Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-17, 05:21 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Great! I have all DVDs. Thank you Carol!
Old 07-03-17, 06:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Great! I have all DVDs. Thank you Carol!
You're welcome! I'm thinking of doing this rotation after work and then adding on one PBL segment at night. Although I've not slept well since I turned 50 or so, I've noticed that my sleep quality has decreased since I stopped doing PBL at night.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 07:30 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for posting, Carol!

I don't have the Stretch & Strength DVD, but I do have her prenatal DVD, so I bet I can sub w/ that one and/or w/ her Tighten Tone and Torch (which I have) and her Flat Belly DVD.

Carol - I find doing Pilates at night to be relaxing, I think b/c if you focus on it it does clear your mind. Sometimes yoga makes my mind wander and sometimes it wanders to things that are likely to keep me up at night - as opposed to Pilates which requires more of a form/body focus.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 08:18 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thanks for posting, Carol!

I don't have the Stretch & Strength DVD, but I do have her prenatal DVD, so I bet I can sub w/ that one and/or w/ her Tighten Tone and Torch (which I have) and her Flat Belly DVD.

Carol - I find doing Pilates at night to be relaxing, I think b/c if you focus on it it does clear your mind. Sometimes yoga makes my mind wander and sometimes it wanders to things that are likely to keep me up at night - as opposed to Pilates which requires more of a form/body focus.

Donna
Donna,

Suzanne's Stretch & Strength DVD is all stretching routines, some more intense and/or active than others. I think you could sub any of Suzanne's stretching routines, or yoga, for that matter.

Carol
Old 07-04-17, 01:10 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Carol!! I guess I don't "need" that one to do the rotation, then.

I can't decide what I want to do next.....this rotation, something w/ the Prevention DVD, etc.

I guess it is all good as long as I do something.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 03:41 PM  
zoegirl

Thumbs up

I bought the new Prevention DVD and did the first workout a couple of days ago, thinking it would be a light workout. My legs and tush are still surprisingly sore! I have been doing other workouts and walking a lot this summer, but haven't done barre in awhile. And the 30 minute format is just right for me! Can't wait to try the other 2 workouts. This one is definitely a keeper for me!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 06:35 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I bought the new Prevention DVD and did the first workout a couple of days ago, thinking it would be a light workout. My legs and tush are still surprisingly sore! I have been doing other workouts and walking a lot this summer, but haven't done barre in awhile. And the 30 minute format is just right for me! Can't wait to try the other 2 workouts. This one is definitely a keeper for me!
Gah! I'm drooling over this one, LOL. I've not been consistently working out for a few weeks, and we're about to head to vacation this weekend....but I'm determined to start something when we get back.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 07:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Gah! I'm drooling over this one, LOL. I've not been consistently working out for a few weeks, and we're about to head to vacation this weekend....but I'm determined to start something when we get back.
Not to enable you or anything, but I have really liked the two workouts that I've done so far.

Carol
Old 07-13-17, 08:52 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Not to enable you or anything, but I have really liked the two workouts that I've done so far.

Carol

I have a birthday in 2 months. Maybe I'll buy it for myself if I am consistent with my workouts until then.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 07:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I tried one of the workouts a couple of weeks ago, I can't remember which one now, and I was underwhelmed while doing it. I thought that there wasn't enough reps and I didn't feel very worked out when it was over. But lo and behold, like others have mentioned, I had DOMS in my hamstrings for DAYS afterward. Who knew? I haven't gone back to the dvd, but maybe I will give it another chance.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, fit in 10, flat belly barre, flat belly yoga, kimberly fowler, prevention, suzanne bowen