Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-17, 04:52 PM  
IceQueen07

Thanks for recommendations. I ordered them. Really for 9.00 you can't beat that price especially when there are four workouts. Looking forward to a change from dumbbells. Now to figure out a good starting weight.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 05:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

You're welcome! I hope you'll enjoy them. I think a good starting point would be 8kg, or 15lb if you find the 8kg (17.6lb) a bit too heavy, but I wouldn't go lighter than that for traditional kettlebell workouts like the workouts mentioned before. ETA: it also depends if you were already lifting heavy with dumbbells and how strong you already are, some people start with 10 or 12 kg. HTH

I found an article that might be helpful:

https://www.onnit.com/academy/what-i...to-start-with/

Here is another:

https://www.kettlebellsusa.com/what-...tlebell-weight

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 02:37 PM  
IceQueen07

I picked up a 15lb KB at Target today but wonder if I should have just bought the 20lb first since most articles seem to indicate starting with a minimum of 18lbs. I don't want to waste money on one that I will need to increase in a short amount of time because of the money involved. I am used to dumbbells so how fast do you normally progress when using KBs?

**Candice**
Old 05-19-17, 02:43 PM  
buffmama

I still use both my 15 and 20 for different exercises/programs. When I go back to KBs after not doing them, I'm right back to the beginning. Both might be nice to have.
Old 05-19-17, 11:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I still use both my 15 and 20 for different exercises/programs.
Same here. I also have a wonky shoulder, so having a lighter kb come in handy for some upper body exercises. Could you maybe try a workout before deciding if you want to keep the 15lb kb or change it for a 20lb? just a thought.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 05-20-17, 11:12 AM  
BunnyHop

I have and use a lighter kettlebell for other workouts, that require a solid weight that I can grip easily with both hands.
Old 05-22-17, 03:56 PM  
IceQueen07

I received my Iron Core Kettlebell workouts today from Amazon and looking forward to using them. What is a normal routine for Kettlebells? The same as with weights. I currently do weights T-Th-Sat, (Upper, Lower, Upper) and then the next week switch to Lower-Upper-Lower. Should I just do Volume 1 three days a week for a total body weight workout? Any help is appreciated as always.

**Candice**
Old 05-22-17, 04:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Should I just do Volume 1 three days a week for a total body weight workout?
That is how I used it, usually (M/W/F) and did cardio in between and sometimes added a metabolic workout on Sat.

Old 05-22-17, 05:37 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
That is how I used it, usually (M/W/F) and did cardio in between and sometimes added a metabolic workout on Sat.
Thanks. I do Pilates and barre in between my weight workouts so that should be perfect.

**Candice**
Old 05-22-17, 09:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thanks. I do Pilates and barre in between my weight workouts so that should be perfect.
It sounds like a great combo!

Tags
beginner kb, beginner kettlebell, beginner kettlebell dvd, kettlebells