Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-17, 12:16 AM  
Genevieve M

kettlebell recommendations?

There is probably an old thread on this, but what brand of kettlebells do you prefer? What weights do you have? I just got another KBKB set on ebay and want to get back in the groove. Thanks.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 10:54 AM  
schoolgirl-01

i'm a fiscally responsible type of shopper so my purchases are based on that.

i buy 2 different brands of kettlebells. one is sold in pounds and the other is sold in kg. i like having the 2 different weight sizes because it allows me to increase weight slowly.

i buy pounds from power systems, here's the link to the ones i buy

http://www.power-systems.com/p-4073-...ettlebell.aspx

i buy kg from perform better, here's the link to the one i buy

http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/...splayErrorView

i have a large range of kettlebells.

i have doubles of 15, 18, 20, and 10kg

i have single bells of 25, 30, and 35 pounds
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 11:06 AM  
gladgirl

I have some old MB45 kettlebells. I like them.

Also bought some Cap bells on Amazon when they were on sale and have free shipping per Prime. I like these just fine. Like this:
https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-C...lls&th=1&psc=1

I have one competition bell. I like it, but it's starting to make a funny sound inside...like there are large particles in there moving around. It doesn't bother me but glad I got this one with free shipping a a hefty discount.

Again....all my purchases were a few years back.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 11:46 AM  
Sissy B

I started with GoFit kettlebells since I could get them at Target and I could feel the handles. Some are rougher but I was able to pick and choose to find smooth handles. After I had been using them for a while, I ordered an Ader. It was love at first swing. I ended up ordering a Women's set. I like my GoFits, but I love my Aders.

Academy Sports carries some that are really nice too:

http://www.academy.com/shop/browse/k...ce=&pageSize=&

I just wouldn't get the colored plastic ones. I have never had that type, but I have felt them in the store and they have a ridge/seam in the handle that I don't like at all. And I know nothing about the soft kettlebell. I didn't even realize they made those.
Sissy B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 01:41 PM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
I have some old MB45 kettlebells. I like them.

Also bought some Cap bells on Amazon when they were on sale and have free shipping per Prime. I like these just fine. Like this:
https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-C...lls&th=1&psc=1
I have that Cap bell. I just got it for Christmas. I like it so much better than the plastic one that I picked up at Marshall's. The one from Marshalls is bigger sized (but lighter weight). The larger size made it awkward to use.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 02:29 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
I have that Cap bell. I just got it for Christmas. I like it so much better than the plastic one that I picked up at Marshall's. The one from Marshalls is bigger sized (but lighter weight). The larger size made it awkward to use.
I have a 10 lb kettlebell I picked up at Marshalls like the one you're describing and it's HUGE! I would not recommend these; they are very awkward and might cause you to smack yourself! I have a 20 lb ifit kettlebell that is vinyl coated and about half the size of the cheap Marshalls kettlebell. Definitely spend a bit more money to get a nicer kettlebell!
Old 01-20-17, 07:30 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Walmart sells Cap kettlebells online in sets so you can get some really good prices (especially with sets) there if you don't have an Academy Sports. Walmart also sell Golds Gym in the store.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 08:23 AM  
sciencelady

I also have the old MBody Strength kettlebells and they've stood up well to many people using them - those I have doubles of 8, 12 and 16 kg, and a single of 20 kg. I also have a single of 24 kg from My Mad Methods - that one didn't hold up as well and has lots of chips in the handle. I had brought all of these kettlebells in my work's gym for about seven years or so, so lots of use. I brought them home when I retired from there at the end of last year.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 10:01 AM  
BunnyHop

I have a motley assortment, bought just as I was experimenting with kettlebells and wanted to branch out. I have a 7.5 contoured one (Go Fit? Got it locally at a big box store) a 15 lb Go Fit, and the rest are Aders. The Aders are my favorites, because they've got good handles and generally seem well made. I have a ten pound that I use for other weight work (it's easy to hold the round bit in both hands) and really like it for that purpose. IIRC, that was my first kettlebell, since I knew I'd have a use for the weight even if I didn't click with kettlebells in general.

Tags
kettlebells