Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-16, 11:51 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
I loved Skogg's first set and had fantastic results with it. A lot of people here liked the RKS set and I see thats about $25 on Amazon right now. Tracy Reifkind does a lot with just the swing and has a blog and a book on Amazon.
Annie, I could have written this exact post. I started kettlebells with Skogg for a good foundation. Then I did RKS. I loved that set! Nice progression of workouts, beautiful setting, excellent training, and great production value. And the workouts are fairly short, less than 30 minutes, if I remember correctly. The price is a steal now on Amazon. I'm going to have to do that again soon. I am also a big fan of Tracy Reifkind. Her swing workouts can be killers! Great for cardio and developing the posterior chain. You can do a lot with the kettlebell swing. I've learned a lot about technique from Tracy and her husband, Mark.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 12:18 PM  
s2546

thank you ann and akaannie. i just purchased tracy's book on amazon thanks to your suggestion! it looks great

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 12:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I don't usually go to gyms, but about 2 years ago I went to a gym in Sand City for an hour of kettlebell swings led by Tracy Reifkind. I have 2 of her DVDs, and the book.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 02:00 PM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I don't usually go to gyms, but about 2 years ago I went to a gym in Sand City for an hour of kettlebell swings led by Tracy Reifkind. I have 2 of her DVDs, and the book.
wow cynthia how interesting! what do you think of her dvds?

sue
Old 12-17-16, 02:28 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You've got some great suggestions here! I was just curious what is the only kettlebell workout you have.
Paul Katami's Ultimate Kettlebell Workout for Beginners

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 02:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
wow cynthia how interesting! what do you think of her dvds?

sue
They're the only tough kettlebell ones I've kept. Usually I prefer kettlebell lite: the original Kettleworx, Kathy Smith, Tone it Up on youtube. Hey, I'm 70.

I have a picture of the Tracy class. I'm in the light green Tshirt, far left in the back row. I didn't make it through the whole hour, was still recovering my strength after BC surgery. Tracy doesn't do an actual squat during the backswing, more of a demi-squat.
http://forum.videofitness.com/album....pictureid=1480
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 02:59 PM  
s2546

thank you for sharing cynthia! i cant afford the dvds but i am looking forward to using the book!

sue
Old 12-17-16, 03:22 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Paul Katami's Ultimate Kettlebell Workout for Beginners
Thanks! I always thought that one looked good.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 03:31 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Cynthia, how awesome you did a class with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
thank you for sharing cynthia! i cant afford the dvds but i am looking forward to using the book!

sue
sue, Tracy has a lot of free follow-along workouts on YouTube, some even designed to go along with the workouts in the book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTcbTquzL7U

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 03:43 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I frequently do swing workouts from Tracy's book. I've been curious about her SwingLean program...anyone doing that? I think it costs 5 or 6 dollars per month?

My go-to kettlebell workouts are anything by Lauren Brooks, RKS, and Tracy's swing workouts. I kettlebells!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebells