Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-15, 06:50 AM  
Rhonda

I finished the first show. Interesting concept for a show, and I will continue to watch as I like to see what innovative stuff they come up with. The rebounder/trampoline in the first show wasn't innovative but looks like fun. The Rock360 with omni balls looked really neat, I wouldn't mind trying that out.

I do like how they take ordinary people and put the items to a test for a month. Have the second show recorded.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 01:57 PM  
cpcathy

I only made it 15 minutes into the second episode. Jillian was yelling and wondering around the room with her arms up over her face. I could not take all the yelling, ugh! If they have an episode for dance workouts, I will watch that.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 10:56 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

This week is a rodeo bootcamp vs. a hip-hop class. I actually think the rodeo looks more fun.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 10:03 AM  
mle777

I thought the rodeo guy was a little over the top. I'm from Texas, I know bull riders, none of them act like that. I get that it was his selling point, but still take it down a notch

I thought both of them looked like a lot of fun and would like to take both classes. Lol, when the rodeo guy pulled out the dvd, DH turned to me and said "no."

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 10:49 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I'm hoping that the reason they show all these workouts as rough and chaotic-looking, is so they look more "polished" later on. Another thing I would love to see, is short sample workouts uploaded to Youtube so we can try them and vote

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 11-04-15, 06:52 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I'm hoping that the reason they show all these workouts as rough and chaotic-looking, is so they look more "polished" later on. Another thing I would love to see, is short sample workouts uploaded to Youtube so we can try them and vote
Oh my gosh, that's a great idea...that would be so much fun!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 02:12 PM  
eaocon

I've been watching this show since the beginning and didn't even think to check if there was a thread on here.

I'm really enjoying it, although none of the workouts I've seen I would do for various and sundry reasons.

What I don't understand is the judges' continual emphasis that the workouts have to be all things every time - cardio and strength and flexibility and whatnot.

Maybe I'm too old school - I don't mind having separate workouts for those two objectives, although I'm an old-time Firmie so I guess I do combine both to some degree.

However, I like having days when I don't do any weights and days when I don't do cardio on its own.
Old 11-18-15, 02:13 PM  
eaocon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
I thought the rodeo guy was a little over the top. I'm from Texas, I know bull riders, none of them act like that. I get that it was his selling point, but still take it down a notch

I thought both of them looked like a lot of fun and would like to take both classes. Lol, when the rodeo guy pulled out the dvd, DH turned to me and said "no."
I couldn't even imagine working out with him - either in the same room or on a dvd - and doing all the whooping and hollering...
Old 11-18-15, 07:12 PM  
lingo10

I love this show, nice to see the new things out there and the local Kerboomka near me was on it! How cool.

But the funniest part was when the lady's sandbags or "strips" started to burst from the Fight Inspired Workout, ep 3. And one of the exercisers kept on with the bag even though the poor bag was done.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 10:38 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Cuerpaso is another workout that has been talked about on VF before. I'm glad he won. It looks like it could be fun if it got polished and tightened up a little, so I'd like to see what they do with it.

The "big personalities" (like the rodeo guy) can be annoying on DVD, but I like them in a live class if it fits and doesn't feel forced. I used to have a Zumba instructor who hollered and whooped a lot, and it was really energizing.

Tags
jillian michaels, sweat inc