Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-20, 06:37 AM  
clerkin11

She does have 8 Live workouts with the word Barre in the title. (#20, 77, 93, 99, 127, 190, 197 and 239)
There are also the 7 Fit Tower workouts. I really like some of those ones.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 07:07 AM  
owltx

Some of those Live Fit Tower workouts are the bomb, IMHO. The Live Fit Tower Cardio Legs is set up in 6? or so rounds of: cardio, barre and low weight/no weight exercises. It is a favorite of mine.
Old 05-29-20, 09:44 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I still do Cathe Lives a few times a week. I LOVED her PHA: Barbell that she filmed 5/29/20. Perfect workout to go heavy and the pace is great! There is at least one minute between each exercise as she adjusts the barbell weight, demo's or shows a substitution move. I was sweating buckets at the end of this one!

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/vide...orkout.314719/
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 09:14 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I still do Cathe Lives a few times a week. I LOVED her PHA: Barbell that she filmed 5/29/20. Perfect workout to go heavy and the pace is great! There is at least one minute between each exercise as she adjusts the barbell weight, demo's or shows a substitution move. I was sweating buckets at the end of this one!

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/vide...orkout.314719/
I loved this one too! I used dumbbells in a couple places to make the transitions faster since the my clips on my bar are a little clumsy. One nice thing about Covid Cathe Live is that she uses higher weight sometimes than when everyone is there.

I do anywhere from one to six Cathe Lives a week. So many choices. Next week is #300!

Lori
Old 07-30-20, 10:55 AM  
Lori_Michigan

OLD THREAD ALERT!

I just had share my recent Cathe Live results -- I took the plunge and FINALLY got a Cathe Live membership. Backstory: I had a lot of health problems in the past year, and a lot of perimenopause problems, so I really hadn't been able to work out at the level that I used to for probably close to 2 years. I have gained about 25 pounds in that time period.

So, after three full weeks of alternating Cathe Lives with Tracie Long and Ellen workouts, I've lost a pant size! I'm not kidding. And I haven't been able to get any results in the past two years! I modify a lot of the impact and I don't do the same size weights that she does (mostly for upper body though, I can usually match her weight for lower body). I haven't lost any weight on the scale but my clothes are finally loose and I have some stretch marks that usually indicate that I've lost some fat in spots.

I LOVE Cathe Lives -- she is so motivating, and I really enjoy the variety in all these workouts. It really is the best value out there. I have learned that I need to take water breaks when she does!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 11:10 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
OLD THREAD ALERT!

I just had share my recent Cathe Live results -- I took the plunge and FINALLY got a Cathe Live membership. Backstory: I had a lot of health problems in the past year, and a lot of perimenopause problems, so I really hadn't been able to work out at the level that I used to for probably close to 2 years. I have gained about 25 pounds in that time period.

So, after three full weeks of alternating Cathe Lives with Tracie Long and Ellen workouts, I've lost a pant size! I'm not kidding. And I haven't been able to get any results in the past two years! I modify a lot of the impact and I don't do the same size weights that she does (mostly for upper body though, I can usually match her weight for lower body). I haven't lost any weight on the scale but my clothes are finally loose and I have some stretch marks that usually indicate that I've lost some fat in spots.

I LOVE Cathe Lives -- she is so motivating, and I really enjoy the variety in all these workouts. It really is the best value out there. I have learned that I need to take water breaks when she does!
This is absolutely incredible (and no easy feat)! Congrats to you!! I'm hoping for a subscription soon as a gift. I really enjoyed Live when I had it.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 11:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congrats!! That really is quite an accomplishment. Good for you.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 12:07 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks, ladies! Your encouragement means a lot to me. I have been really down the past few years, and now that I'm able to complete Cathe workouts again, I feel really good and it makes me feel like myself again!

I've realized that I do better with some electrolytes every day, all through the day now, so that helps me work out at that level again. I never thought it would make such a difference, but it does for me.
Old 07-30-20, 12:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lori that's fantastic!
I love hearing your rotation using Ellen and Tracie with Cathe. Makes for a real good variety of movement and intensities

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 12:39 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks, Linda! You are so sweet! I really appreciate your support. I've been doing Cathe Live, then Ellen the next day, then Tracie Long the next day. Then a rest day of walking or just nothing but household stuff. Then restart. Seems to be what has worked in the past few weeks. Enough intensity and enough strength work but I'm not too sore or too exhausted either. I don't think I've been able to achieve that balance in the past few years.

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung