Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-31-13, 01:01 AM  
Rachael1216

Suzanne Bowen Fitness Streaming

Is anyone still a subscriber? How are the new classes? I am debating subscribing again.....
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 04:28 AM  
eannem

I am and I still really like it. She is still posting new routines often and i find most of them more challenging than the older ones. The most recent were:
active stretch- 20 mins (i have not done this one)
total body barre- 45 mins (really liked this one and had time to add on one of her "target" workouts.)
legs- 15 (really felt this one)

her new set is really nice and brighter than the last one. she also incorporates her ball- i use the one i got for barre3 and it works perfectly.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 06:46 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eannem View Post
I am and I still really like it. She is still posting new routines often and i find most of them more challenging than the older ones. The most recent were:
active stretch- 20 mins (i have not done this one)
total body barre- 45 mins (really liked this one and had time to add on one of her "target" workouts.)
legs- 15 (really felt this one)

her new set is really nice and brighter than the last one. she also incorporates her ball- i use the one i got for barre3 and it works perfectly.
Is the new set the small room with windows and a barre on the right wall? When I stopped my trial subscription she had just moved to Florida and was alternating between that room and beside the pool outside. Just watching her by the pool made me sweat.

I'm doing a rotation of her DVD's right now. I may go back to streaming if I'm not tired of her by the end of the DVD rotation.

Are there any floorwork segments on the subscription?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 07:18 AM  
mandie123

I started a couple of months ago with a challenge she had posted,but still enjoying the workouts.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 09:23 AM  
eannem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Is the new set the small room with windows and a barre on the right wall? When I stopped my trial subscription she had just moved to Florida and was alternating between that room and beside the pool outside. Just watching her by the pool made me sweat.

I'm doing a rotation of her DVD's right now. I may go back to streaming if I'm not tired of her by the end of the DVD rotation.

Are there any floorwork segments on the subscription?
yes, its that same small room. i just like the windows for some reason. i did not like by the pool either and never do those.

there are a few new floor segments- pretzel, mat for waist and legs, mat for back for hips, back and back of leg (did not really like this one). and some new deep core (back against wall).
Old 10-31-13, 10:44 AM  
Rachael1216

Thanks ladies! Sounds great! I will sign up again!
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 09:11 PM  
idoster

I subscribed earlier this year but cancelled after my 2nd trimester (had to modify too much due to pregnancy). I was planning on resubscribing after the baby is born. Does suzanne still post 3 new workouts a week? What types of workouts have been posted lately? When I subscribed they were typically 30 mins and there would be a cardio, barre and floor each week, but then she started posting shorter target workouts from time to time. Just wondering what the workouts are like now. Thanks!!!!
idoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 09:17 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoster View Post
I subscribed earlier this year but cancelled after my 2nd trimester (had to modify too much due to pregnancy). I was planning on resubscribing after the baby is born. Does suzanne still post 3 new workouts a week? What types of workouts have been posted lately? When I subscribed they were typically 30 mins and there would be a cardio, barre and floor each week, but then she started posting shorter target workouts from time to time. Just wondering what the workouts are like now. Thanks!!!!
Following this thread with interest!

How do the workouts compare in difficulty to Ballet Body and Barre3?

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 06:22 AM  
eannem

The most recent workouts added are:
arms
active stretch
total body barre
stretch
legs
counter top upper body
mat for hips, back and back of leg
total body cardio

Suzanne seems so genuine. She is very active on the facebook group (was started for a recent transformation contest but its still active). yesterday i did the new arms workout (10 mins) total body barre (45 mins) and her pretzel workout (think its 20, but i probably stopped around 15 min mark).

I do still prefer dvds as i have not figured out how to get streaming stuff on my tv. I use my laptop for streaming workouts like this and barre3. If I don't feel like stringing together a total workout i will often reach for her tighten tone and torch workout (or one of the other zillion dvds i have).

Honestly I like ballet body and barre3 as well. I am a barre/fusion style workout junkie though. I still love p57 and a few (but not all) of the dream body workouts. I am not a fan of the slower paced barre (bar method) workouts. Not sure how much that helps.
Old 11-12-13, 03:15 PM  
momofcha

I am tempted to give this a shot. She looks fantastic and I'm gravitating back to barre a bit. I'll never give up my heavy lifting, but I really like barre for my lower body and I've really not been liking my LB lately....

I love P57 mostly and segments of pure barre...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suzanne bowen