Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-11, 01:46 PM  
azuniga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej View Post
Thanks for asking Suzanne and for posting the information here, Ruth. I am a very satisfied customer from the POV of the product at this point. As a subscriber/member/customer I feel a little let down that Suzanne is stopping memberships within the month and not bothering to provide an update to everyone about the situation herself....
I totally agree! I was satisfied with the workouts and everything. I liked the site, but I wish she would of emailed us and let us know. She posted on FB that the same day that she posted the workout she was going to email us about the changes. I never received it. I know she's super busy with all the trainings and stuff, but still wished she would of let us know ahead of time.
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 03:05 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2052 View Post
I agree. I've been a subscriber since the beginning and am really enjoying what she puts out now. When is she going to let everyone else know? This is disappointing....
I posted a question on facebook about memberships and when I didn't get an answer, I emailed my question again. The reply I got is what I posted.
I also wonder when this decision was going to go public.

I really liked the downloads and liked that the workouts were getting increasingly more intense. The last two leg ones had me shaking!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 08:55 PM  
Orlita

Interesting. I just joined a few days ago. So the cutoff must have happened (has it happened?) right after that.

Oh, well. Short membership.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 10:00 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I think subscriptions are hard for the instructors to maintain, and for most they probably just don't pay off the way they expected.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 05:24 AM  
topfitmama

Suzy, I agree. They do require constant commitment in a way that a dvd and sporadic downloads don't. Perhaps that's why she wants to do away with the subscription and offer downloads whenever she gets them done?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 09:56 AM  
rad

Bowen made a poor business decision.
There should have been advance notice,
with proper communication to her clients.
Particularly no taking in new clients then
terminating them as quickly. If a health
reason required throwing the baby down
the drain with the bath water, new clients
should be reimbursed, even if they received
one lousy download. I would think the
income from downloads would be gravy --
not to mention a wider client base -- if the
instructor is producing downloads regularly
not haphazardly. Otherwise they may
interfere with a social life.

ETA: It's a crowded market, and frankly, if
I had invested in her downloads, thinking
I would receive more and on a regular basis--
I wouldn't purchase anything from her again.
But that's just me.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 10:41 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Bowen made a poor business decision.
There should have been advance notice,
with proper communication to her clients.
Particularly no taking in new clients then
terminating them as quickly. If a health
reason required throwing the baby down
the drain with the bath water, new clients
should be reimbursed, even if they received
one lousy download. I would think the
income from downloads would be gravy --
not to mention a wider client base -- if the
instructor is producing downloads regularly
not haphazardly. Otherwise they may
interfere with a social life.

ETA: It's a crowded market, and frankly, if
I had invested in her downloads, thinking
I would receive more and on a regular basis--
I wouldn't purchase anything from her again.
But that's just me.
I know this is Suzanne's thread, but things like this make me respect what Leah is doing even more. It's no small thing to get 3 DVDs ready to ship, but she hasn't missed a week with the downloads. She even sent 2 last week.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 10:53 AM  
mjs2052

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I know this is Suzanne's thread, but things like this make me respect what Leah is doing even more. It's no small thing to get 3 DVDs ready to ship, but she hasn't missed a week with the downloads. She even sent 2 last week.
I agree with you Suzy. I'm so used to Leah and her professionalism and no matter what getting my downloads every Friday. This is her business and she is very serious in making sure she communicates and provides her customers with what she promised.

I like Suzanne, but her lack of communication has been very frustrating to me. She would sometimes send out emails telling us when a new download was available, but most of the time I had to keep checking on my own. And her often times posting on Facebook about upcoming changes, but again never telling the customer what they would involve. I'll be curious to see how she does finally tell her subscribers about the upcoming change.

Melissa
mjs2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 11:37 AM  
Sherim

I was just getting ready to cancel my subscription. I was getting very frustrated with her customer service. I bought the subscription and was suppose to get the weekly download every sunday. There was two times I got it after I went to bed Sunday night and all the other downloads was Monday or even Tuesday with an excuse everytime. I know to some thats probably not a big deal but to me it wasn't part of the agreement. I really like her workouts but I am over it. Now I assume I won't have to cancel.
Sherim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 11:40 AM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
Totally agree! Doesn't an exercise instructor exercise everyday or more often than not? What's the big deal to tape yourself once a week doing whatever you do wherever you do it?! Enuf said.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, suzanne bowen