Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-11, 08:20 AM  
topfitmama

Suzanne Bowen downloads

Ok. So I just finished Advanced Pretzel (with a side of knee dancing) which was this week's workout. 11 minutes of glute, oblique and quad torture. (Please don't tell me I'm supposed to be feeling this anywhere else).

I'm really enjoying these downloads and because Suzanne is a stickler for form she's helping me learn barre technique. I'd recommend this download if you want a short pretzel add-on https://suzannebowenfitness.com/sbf/item/35
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 10:40 AM  
Renae21

Nope - I think you felt it in the right spots (though I felt the hammies more than the obliques). I get her weekly downloads and have liked each of them. This morning I did 5 segments (totalling an hr) and feel happily worked. She does talk a lot, giving form pointers and such, but I like that. And she's very pleasant which is a huge plus for me.
Renae21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:01 AM  
saffron

I wish she took Paypal - I'm interested in individual segments ... what's Cardio Sculpt like?

ETA: I also wish she'd include descriptions and times on the website - I'm going to send an email suggestion.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:06 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron View Post
I wish she took Paypal - I'm interested in individual segments ... what's Cardio Sculpt like?
I was just eyeing that one myself! I am impatiently waiting for the Core Fusion Cardio Pure Intensity and I'm wondering if this will be similar to that. What type of exercises does it include and how long is it, please?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:44 AM  
mtngoat

I wish she took PayPal too. I'd buy some segments for sure - and possibly subscribe.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:55 AM  
topfitmama

Cardio sculpt is a lot of leg work with simultaneous arm moves. She starts slow, one side at a time, then speeds it up alternating legs.
- She starts out with knee lifts, first on beat, then she speeds them up.
- Pick up weights, go into chair pose, lift arches, lift on toes.
- Reverse lunge while lifting arms straight forward. She reminds you to squeeze your glutes when pushing up. 10x each side, then she speeds it up alternating legs.
- cursty lunges while lifting arms straight out to the sides. 10x each side, then alternating legs a bit faster.
- Hinge back (from the hip) lifting arms straight out. Advanced can lift the foot off the floor. 10x each side, then alternate. She taps her toe on the floor each time during the alternating hinges.
- Side lunges pressing arms out to the sides. 10x each side, then alternate.
- One leg squat with tricep press backs. 10x each side.
- stretch.

11 minutes total.

She tells you to follow with thin thighs fast and foldover. I did foldover afterwards and my thighs and glutes were shaking and burning
Old 06-08-11, 12:00 PM  
topfitmama

The downloads are 10-ish minutes. I think the longest was around 17 minutes.
Old 06-08-11, 12:03 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renae21 View Post
Nope - I think you felt it in the right spots (though I felt the hammies more than the obliques). I get her weekly downloads and have liked each of them. This morning I did 5 segments (totalling an hr) and feel happily worked. She does talk a lot, giving form pointers and such, but I like that. And she's very pleasant which is a huge plus for me.
I have liked them too, so far. I still have to try the arm and shoulder ones. My favorites have to be the pretzels, bikini butt and foldover. I wish she would do bikini butt and the first pretzel again without the awful fuzzy sound and echo. The sound has improved a lot!!!! I agree that she's very pleasant
Old 06-08-11, 12:46 PM  
Bunny

I am interested in a couple of these. Do these download and save to itunes like balletbody? (I'm techno-challenged.)
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 03:19 PM  
Renae21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
I am interested in a couple of these. Do these download and save to itunes like balletbody? (I'm techno-challenged.)
Yes, they can be saved in itunes. For me, if I just click on the download, it opens in Quicktime. But if I right click and open with itunes, it copies the file to itunes and that is how I play all the segments.
Renae21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, suzanne bowen