Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-11, 10:49 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Julia - Welcome to VF. You should find plenty of ideas here. You just might want to hide your credit card to save yourself some money though. Feel free to jump in wherever you have a comment or question.
Hahahhaha!!! thanks Laura.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 03:47 PM  
Travelmug

Hi everyone! I'm finally posting but I've been a long-time lurker - since I read about this forum on the P57 facebook page, actually. When I came here, my first thought was "my people!"

Reading the many posts here have really opened my eyes (and caused a dent in my wallet ) as to what at-home fitness DVDs can offer. You don't even need a gym anymore! Right now I'm doing a mix of Ballet Body, other barre and Tracy Anderson, with running intervals for cardio, but I'm always on the lookout for more workouts

Last edited by Travelmug; 11-18-11 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Clarity
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 03:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Travelmug - "Your people" welcome you to VF. As you have already discovered, you can always find out about more workouts at VF!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 04:01 PM  
Travelmug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Travelmug - "Your people" welcome you to VF. As you have already discovered, you can always find out about more workouts at VF!
Thanks, Laura!
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 07:13 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome, Travelmug.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 12:15 PM  
renee mcfar

Smile hi

Hi.
I have been a reader and sometimes writer here for ages.
My health has taken a serious decline over the past 3 years.
I went from being a "Cathe girl" who could fly thru IMAX 2 with energy to spare to barely having enough breath to walk across the room.

I've had asthma all my life but its gotten life altering/threatening in the past 3 years. Because of all the meds I am on, I have gained 60 lbs. Its so hard to get the weight off. Yet, I have to try. Thanks to dedicated exercise/diet, I've never had to try before to loose weight. Even thru 3 pregnancy's.

I've been a home exerciser for 19 years and love it. I've got to figure out my new fitness level (zero,I think) and with my docs approval,get a plan.

Wish me luck. Pray for me and please be patient with any crazy questions I might have.

I have missed you all!
Renee
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 12:29 PM  
cardiomama

Welcome back to VF, Renee. There's no such thing as a stupid/crazy question, and odds are in your favor that someone has the same one, or has asked it already. The "search this forum" function (found in right hand corner) of forums is good to check & the "tag cloud" (just type in key words, similar to search but generally more specific to finding certain topics, members tag threads w/ choses words/phrases): http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php

Do jump in & post, anytime we're here to listen & support each other.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 12:39 PM  
Elise7

Renee,

I'm sorry to hear about your health challenges. I wish you the best of luck as you re-enter the fitness world. Let us know if we can help in anyway!
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 07:38 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Renee - Welcome out of lurkdom. Post away, including your questions. As the others have said, all questions are valid and on VF someone else is bound to have the same question. It cracks me up when someone asks a "dumb" or "crazy" question and everyone else who had the same question chimes in.

I'm sorry for all the bad things of the past few years. I hope your health issues improve and you get back to some level of fitness you want.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 11:11 PM  
suegy3

Hi Renee,

I'm sorry that you're had a rough time with your health but you're taking good steps with coming back here. Take it slow do what you can. Any little changes will make a big impact overall. Good luck!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread