Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-16, 01:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

jillian body revolution phase 1 - keep?

found this at walmart, marked down to $10. i own many of jillian's workouts and enjoy them.

i read VFer's comments that phase 1 is easier in comparison. i'm not needing to be intense on my workouts - i have harder workouts that i can turn to if needed.

so.... should i keep this? i haven't opened it yet. i watched some clips - they look pretty JM typical.

p.s. - Walmart had about 8 boxes of Ruthless for $3 apiece. i didn't pick it up, but just wanted to let folks know.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 01:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

If I didn't already have the whole Body Revolution set and I found this Phase I, I would definitely keep it. A vf friend loaned me her whole set and I really liked it and eventually bought it. It's been a while since I've done it, but I do remember liking Phase I. It seemed to be just a really good, basic weight training set.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 01:49 PM  
geojill

I would definitely keep it! I think they are great workouts. In fact, I started this today!
Old 08-21-16, 06:18 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm dabbling in Body Revolution right now and I love Phase 1. Short workouts, no dread factor, good music, inspiring/encouraging Jillian and you can WAY make them harder if you want to (I'm using heavy dumbbells on all the strength stuff). I think they're solid intermediate and a LOT of fun. KEEPERS!
Old 08-21-16, 09:08 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
p.s. - Walmart had about 8 boxes of Ruthless for $3 apiece. i didn't pick it up, but just wanted to let folks know.
I already thought it was a steal at $8 when I bought it, but that is insane!!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 07:49 AM  
herya

I'd keep it! It's a fun program with good energy from the team and great music, Jillian is at her best and you can easily modify up - she usually has an advanced modifier she "tortures", and you can bump up your weights too. 30 minutes is such a practical length, and you can easily double up to an hour since she splits workouts by push/pull.

Tags
body revolution, jillian michaels