Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-16, 02:03 PM  
Chomper

Art of Strength kettlebell dvds

From reading previous posts and reviews, these are solid kettlebell DVDs. It sounds like Providence is favorite. People also like Firepower, and only hardcore love to kill yourself people like Newport?

Amazon has these for low price as DVDr, and since they are otherwise very hard to obtain, I am tempted to get some. The catch is that I don't actually have any kettlebells and would like to use dumbbells instead. Will that be doable?

Also, since it might come up, If someone wants to point me towards Lauren Brooks, what is best DVD of hers that i could use dumbbells for?
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-16, 02:10 PM  
andtckrtoo

I've used a dumbbell for Providence in the gym when I only had dumbbell, but there is a difference between a kettlebell and a dumbbell, and the real reason to use a kettlebell workout is because of the way it works you differently with a kettlebell. While you CAN do kettlebell workouts with a dumbbell, I don't recommend it long term, you lose many of the benefits.

These are good solid workouts. I did a rotation of Providence, Firepower and Newport one winter. I had run a half marathon in October then did not run again (except for one 5 mile run in March) and managed to do a 10 miler in April on a pretty hilly course. And I was fine the next day. The great thing about kettlebells is that they are aerobic and work the muscle fibers differently than the standard weight workouts do, that they do keep you very well conditioned.
Old 03-21-16, 08:40 PM  
alydinva

FWIW, I have seen lots of these for sale on the VF Roost site (it's how I acquired mine).
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aos, kettlebells