Mary will carry these. I asked.
Old 01-13-14, 07:41 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Just bumping to see if anyone else has comments on these workouts
Old 01-13-14, 12:50 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Not sure if these have been posted already, but she put clips of the intros online last week:

BarreAmped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLFCM...hQQpoBNZhOqwTg

Bootcamp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmg-6...hQQpoBNZhOqwTg

Someone also put good breakdowns of these on Amazon:

BarreAmped:
http://www.amazon.com/BarreAmped-Suz...rds=barreamped

Bootcamp:
http://www.amazon.com/BarreAmped-Boo...xgy_mov_text_y

These look good to me!
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 01:55 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post
Just bumping to see if anyone else has comments on these workouts
I've previewed both & they look great to me! Definitely slower paced, lots of instruction.

I'm curious how people will be using these... they're way to long for me to do in one session. Any creative rotations using the segments?
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 08:41 PM  
violingal3

I think it was on another thread, but someone mentioned she talked a lot. Yes, yes she does. I guess it's good if you're new to these types of workouts to get the form down, but I would have preferred if she moved things along and made the workouts under an hour.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 09:09 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I've previewed both & they look great to me! Definitely slower paced, lots of instruction.

I'm curious how people will be using these... they're way to long for me to do in one session. Any creative rotations using the segments?
I got these in the mail today but I've been nursing a back spasm, so I'm not sure when I will get to normal exercise again. I went for a short walk today, and I can do really easy yoga, but I'm afraid to push any harder now.

My planned rotation with Suzanne was to do Barre Amped and Barre Amped Boot camp one day a week each, since they are longer. The rest of the days I would choose between TTT, Gorgeous Core, and the Ruahs. I also have her free Tabata workout that she gave out at Christmas. Those are shorter. I would also add in some floorwork (non-Suzanne).

But I was thinking about maybe alternating upper body/lower body days might work too. So one day would be mat + light weight from one of the DVD's and the other day would be thigh + seat. That way I would have time to walk every day.

I guess if you had the mindset that these DVD's are a substitute for a class, you would do one of them in their entirety 3-4 times a week. I could go for every other day with a DVD and then walk on opposite days with Kundalini yoga (which I'm trying to do more of). I'm sure that this would probably give good results. But I'm so ADD I don't know if I could stick to using just 2 DVD's when I have, like 100 more, in the closet.

I don't know! This back spasm has thrown me for a loop and screwed up all my plans.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suzanne bowen