Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-19, 07:28 PM  
YogaGal

We got back from Sedona about 4:30 pm on Tuesday. We went to a wine tasting Saturday afternoon after Mexican food for lunch. On Sunday we were socked in with clouds and cold, so we just did a little thrift store shopping in the afternoon and a short 20-minute hike before it got dark. Monday cleared up and warmed up a bit so we were able to enjoy a scenic 2.1 mile hike with gorgeous views.

After the cardio of the hiking, not to mention just walking around at a bit higher altitude, I was anxious to get back to strength training. This morning I did Jessica Smith’s Upper Body Strength from Walk Strong followed by RaviAna Fat Free Yoga’s “Start Your Engines” and “Teapot Meditation.”

Linda: Enjoy your new rowing machine, but no injuries, please! Hope you can plan something to eat this weekend that will not cause problems.

Sandra: Getting in some outdoor walking going to and from work sounds like a good way to get in more fitness when you can’t get to a video.

Beth: Sorry about your issues with the yoga studio owner. Finals week is in progress at my school and my last day is Thursday, 12-12. Then I am off work (and without a paycheck) until I start back on January 13.

Gayle: Hope your DH is recovering from his cataract surgery. I will probably need that procedure down the road, but hopefully much later than sooner. I knew a couple of professors at my previous workplace who had cataract surgery in their 50’s. My mom had it in her 80’s.

cyana: Yes, Sedona has some beautiful views and sunsets. Many of the shops had beautiful Christmas decorations, but I think I prefer it in the summer with warmer temps. Hope you can get some help with your insomnia issues.

Anny: That ash on the beach looks awful! Glad you are not near the fires.

Garrie: Good luck keeping up with the Spring Rush!

Hope Paine is still enjoying southern California.
Old 12-11-19, 08:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, glad you are enjoying Meso 2! I'm not surprised you don't get more of a break at the bookstore; there are people at the college who are busier during the breaks than our office.

Linda, love the Tuesday is the new Monday...although hopefully I won't resent Tuesdays. Enjoy the extra time with the honey this weekend!

Sandra, Fitness Fix is good one!

Carolyn, nice that tomorrow is your last day! My time off is a combo of vacation time and sick time (I have a number of doctor's appointments).

Today I got caught in a snow whiteout on the way home. It was really bad for a bit but luckily I drove out of it...came home and did "Yoga for Burnout."

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 05:11 AM  
Anny

Beth Yoga for Burn out seems like something I'd like to try.

Garrie sounds like you have enjoyed Meso.

Welcome back Carolyn!

Enjoy the new rowing machine Linda.

Crazy days at work and last night I went to carols and cocktails at a local church so am a little behind on the December yoga calendar. Tonight, however, was Yoga for Mood Swings.
Old 12-12-19, 05:46 PM  
gjv

Hi everyone!

I did KCM'S Sculpting RX, workout #1 (while Kelly did the cool down stretches, I added on some extra squats and lunges) and then a Leslie mile. Plus I went for a really long walk outside with a girlfriend. It was chilly, but it felt wonderful.

It's almost Friday!
Old 12-12-19, 07:35 PM  
YogaGal

Today I did one of my favorite Jessica Smith cardio workouts: Cardio Core from her 21-Day Plan set. Great music and fun energy. I went barefoot with “Positive PMS” from RaviAna’s Quick Fixes.

I ordered RaviAna’s latest dvd, Kundalini Yoga for Beautiful Breakthroughs, last Thursday, but it still hasn’t shipped. Amazon claims that it should be delivered by tomorrow night. We shall see.

Beth: Sorry you got caught in a whiteout. Yoga sounds like a good way to unwind once you got home safely.

Anny: Carols and Cocktails sounds like another fun way to unwind after a stressful day!

Gayle: A brisk walk outside can be refreshing. I took a short walking break this afternoon at work to get some fresh air and movement.
Old 12-12-19, 09:43 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Thursday!

Today's Workout: I did 360 Abs from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set, followed by Classical Stretch episode 1226 (which coincidentally had a core focus).

Beth: I'm glad you are okay after that scary drive home.

Garrie: I'm impressed with the variety of workouts that you teach!

Carolyn: Your trip to Sedona sounds lovely.

Linda: I was reading about your new rowing machine. It has stellar reviews on Amazon! Hope it works out well for you.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 12:26 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Friday, or TGIF!!!

This week kind of dragged for me b/c I was off Monday last week. I am so excited to have a 3-day weekend next week and to be (almost) done with work for a bit!!!

Yesterday was the last on-campus yoga class until late January, and we had 13 attend, which was nice. I'll still teach my regular Thursday class at the studio over the holidays.

All I did exercise-wise yesterday was 10 minutes of yoga from the Do You Yoga 30 Day Challenge. Today I'm thinking about doing the challenge plus Essentrics--it has been awhile!

Sandra, sounds like you accidentally got in some extra core work.

Carolyn, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the latest Raviana; I still get their newsletter.

Gayle, extra squats and lunges after KCM?

Anny, Yoga for Mood Swings also sounds like a nice practice.

Happy Friday again to all!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-13-19, 06:48 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I did the Program B (Lower Body) from Margaret Richard's Getting Better, followed by the 15-minute Total Stretch from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

Probably no walk to/from work tomorrow as rain is forecast.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 07:15 PM  
Anny

Sandra we desperately need rain in Sydney! I am so sorry you can't go for a walk.

Gayle , Leslie is nice for an add on. I also like Jessica Smith's Walk and Talk as add ons.

Beth how are you finding the December Yoga challenge? I am quite liking Adriene's December calendar as it is full of short 20-30 minute practices of hers that I haven't tried before (and a new one added weekly).

Carolyn you will definitely have to tell us about the new Raviani DVD!

Moving furniture and rearranging our apartment today (Saturday) so that is a workout in itself (though I can't carry heavy items because of the clot). Will do the next practice (1 day behind!) on the YWA calendar this afternoon.
Old 12-13-19, 07:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I'm doing an older yoga challenge from Do You Yoga (I've done at least part of it before, maybe all). I like it a lot; I find the instructor, Jess, very down-to-earth, and I'm loving the short 10 minute sequences.

I didn't do Essentrics tonight--an hour felt too long--but I pushed myself to do a CS episode, 1023, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

Follow me @YogiBethC