Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-19, 07:55 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Hi all! I'm still fat & alive.

Trying to walk more everyday. The kids & two extra dogs came for Thanksgiving. Couldn't pick up one year old, darling Juliana because of my weight restrictions. The following week I was told no restrictions, just start gradually. Boo!

I count cleaning up after the kids as a workout.

Caught the gift of grandchildren germs & I'm battling sinusitis. Absolutely miserable. Wouldn't be so bad except we're flying out for Venice Tuesday am after spending the night before in Charlotte.

My car, the snow car, we were planning to drive to Charlotte so we could get home & up our driveway, blew an engine Wednesday night. It's currently at the dealership awaiting a new engine. It might be ready tomorrow. If not, they'll give us a loaner. This is all covered under warranty, thank goodness.

Boobs 3.0 are doing well. Still stuck in a sports bra until February.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 07:11 PM  
Helen

Hi all - can't let the weekend go past without catching up.

KAY
I'm focusing on the "we're flying out for Venice Tuesday am" - Venice, Italy?! or Los Angeles?
Glad 3.0 are going well.
Tough not being able to pick up Juliana, REALLY tough.
That'd just add to the miserable.

LILI
March is a good lead-in time for a 5k - not enough for a marathon, but 5k, sure!
You made need to adjust the rota with Jessica to address the training needs.
Happy partying.

CLEDA
Oh definitely, HIIT is NOT pleasant stuff.
Being without power can be quite debilitating, and with the storm you hardly took the opportunity to do the weeding I take it.

PAM
Sydney is prettier than Melbourne, but very obviously more aggressive. Melbourne is like a country town feel, but with city buildings. Both my DDs prefer Melbourne, as do I.
Hope you get a chance to make another trip down here.

MENA
Oh yes, FINALLY - I'm going to see your 6/6 and raise you to 7/7. Bwahahaha.....
YOUR consistency has been irking me - about MINE not happening. YOU have been my catalyst to aim to finish the year with truly every day done. Cleda has done it at least once as well. So Thankyou!!

Business
Tue,3-Dec Tony - Power Half Hour - Ab Burner + Stretch Mix 62min
Wed, 4-Dec Barre - Standard Class - Jul-Aug 2011 57min
Thu, 5-Dec Louise - Yoga for the Back 59min
Fri, 6-Dec Jillian - For Beginners - Frontside 42min (with buddy)
Sat, 7-Dec Les Mills - Body Balance 35 56min

ME
Bridget surprised me by coming up for the weekend.
We're going skating today (Sun, 8-Dec) sometime (she brought her skates on the train )
Dog walks have been very brief due to smoke-filled air - just enough so she's no so stir-crazy. New toys helped too. Don't want her doing hard running or long walks in it. Very few runners out this past week or so. The light quality is quite eery. Everything has an orange / yellow filter and the sun is absolutely FLURO orange at sunset, and blue sky has been rare.

Looked it up, & just over 800K acres have been burnt, and it's expected to burn for several more weeks. The fires are around & north of Sydney. We are 2 hours north, so safe, but affected with air & fallout - dined outside with work on Thursday night & the white plates had visible pieces of ash on them.

Shoulder - small improvement every day, but not.better.yet (11 weeks today).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 09:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Dec 5:
~Taught Essentrics
~7 km city walk

Dec 6:
~5 km city walk

Dec 7:
~ETV: Stretch Shoulders, Upper Back, & Hamstrings
~Attitude Tu - This was a virgin for me, had it for ages. It was a decent workout with lots of good balance work, but Bernadette has such a flat affect. That combined with the white set and elevator music made it hit the giveaway pile.
~headstand practice, upper back acupressure
~Gaia: AM Yoga 4 Your Week - twists

Cleda - Ugh, awful to be without power, especially if it’s cold! We had a big windstorm here a few days before Christmas last year, lots of trees down on power lines. We lost power for 2 days. We didn’t have snow thankfully, just lots of wind & rain.

Kay - I hope you feel better for your trip!

Helen - We may very possibly make another trip down under, DH really wants to go to New Zealand.

Waves to Mena, Lili & all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 07:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Up Early

And figure I should check in. (I've already wasted a few hours on the computer, what's a few more minutes?)

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Helen: I didn't even realize about the fires until Kay mentioned it to you on Facebook and then I went and googled. How did I miss that? I hope things improve. Can't imagine. And certainly can't control mother nature. I canNOT believe your shoulder is going on 11 weeks. That's crazy. ?!? Do be careful if you go skating. (motherly advice ends here!) lol

Pam: I LOVE the new avatar. So winterlike, so neat (as in cool, not neat as in tidy). I would need an entire BODY stand for headstands. hahahahaha!

Kay: Hoping you are feeling better. Safe travels.

Mena: Lovin' the consistency and you will make your 31/31. I am on the sideline cheering both you and Helen on! Funny what motivates us at given times.

Lili: You're always training for a run one way or another. Your family does seem to keep you signing up for those runs! Kudos to you. Painting going well?

Waves to everyone I missed ....
On to my check in:

12/6/2019: Matt's 45 Minute Power Zone workout followed by his 60 minute PZ (called for) challenge workout (had I looked ahead and seen the graph or the stress score, I never would have done these two back-to-back, but I survived and caught up for the challenge). 2 stretches afterwards

12/7/2019: Matt's 15 minute low Impact Conditioning drill workout. (this should have been a warning!) followed by Denis's 30 minute workout (how bad could 30 minutes be?!? Ugggg Zones 4 & 5. . .yep.... not nice). Followed By Christine's 30 minute Holiday Ride (no pressure, more of a spin my legs out workout so I could move later in the day). + a stretch after

Only 2 more weeks to go in this challenge. WOW .. New one starts on January 20th, so I have lots of time off between the two to get some fun workouts in. (hoping I don't slump).

that's it for now. Off to the bike and get some fun extra workouts in. Time to earn a badge.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 10:49 AM  
mena

Sat 12/7 - Kathy Smith - March to Fitness
Sun 12/8 - Namaste Yoga - S1E7 (Earth)

December Workouts: 8/8

Lili - Good luck with both your party and your 5K training!

Kay - I'm going to assume you mean Venice in Italy. That sounds fabulous. Bon Voyage!

Helen - Yes, let's finish 2019 strong! I see your 7/7 and raise you to 8/8 .

I've seen several news reports over the past few weeks about the wildfires you're having there. I heard that there is a lot of concern for koala bears especially (after people, of course, and among wildlife). I saw footage of a poor little koala with singed fur crying out in distress while a woman was trying to help it.

Pam - Good job on finally getting to a virgin but sorry it ended up right in the giveaway pile. That's disappointing . I have some virgins that need to be done also.

Cleda - I know I wasted time in the years before the internet but the computer/internet sure does make it especially easy to really lose track of the hours.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 06:16 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - it's good to hear that you are not in danger from the fires, but dealing with the air quality has to be tough. Stay safe!
Kay - I was wondering if you had your family for Thanksgiving this year. Sorry you were not able to pick up the little one. Get better soon!
Mena - you are going strong!
Cleda - I admire you for going for one challenge after another. Whatever works! The painting is on hold for now, maybe until after the holidays.
Pam - I also like the new avatar! You've also been very consistent!

As for me, no workout yesterday, as expected. The party went well and we are feasting on leftovers today! We're also dealing with the remaining clean up.
My race in March is a 5 mile, not a 5K (although that would be preferable).

I wasn't feeling like working out today, but I came here and caught up with this thread and got inspired!
12/8 - Jessica's Wake Up and Walk. Only 20 minutes, but it was something!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 06:37 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Glad we're inspiring!!!

Or reading inspired you or whatever inspired you !!!

I think the challenges keep me on the straight and narrow. I'd probably do fine with rotations too, only there's no one to really check up on me and post and complain or be joyous with. I like the social (even though it's cyber space) aspect of it.

Which brings me to today:

12/8/2019: a SUPER, SUPER great workout day. (albeit tough!) I did a 45 minute Matt Wilper Climb ride. Made a new PR ... It doesn't happen often. I hid the leaderboard. He used different terminology this time (instead of calling out zones which are definite) he just called out moderate, challenging, hard, etc, etc, etc. I had a chart to show what zones to be in, but still .... A touch more wiggle room. Then I followed up with the Extra Credit ride - 30 mins. with Matt for last week and I thought it would be easy. It was not. Just a continuation of zones 4 and 5. But I was up for the task. Then I did a cool down holiday ride and it ended up being my 300th ride. I'm very proud of that, since I only got the bike in April!!!! Yeah me .... Followed by 2 stretches of course (so I can walk tomorrow)

Speaking of challenges, one of the gals in my group is talking RUNBET ... Oh no --- I need to RUN the other way. NO WAY can I do that with my peloton power zone challenges. OY ..... run, run, run ... as fast I can.

Ok, gotta go start supper.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 08:55 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Yes, Venice, Italy! Three day side trip to Verona first then back to Venice to catch a cruise ship for a seven day cruise with three other couples on the Costa Deliziosa.
Feeling somewhat better & I have drugs & inhalers.
Charged up my poor neglected Fitbit & threw an exercise band in my backpack. Now I have a bra to hook my Fitbit on on for the first time in five years

Helen, your air quality reminds me of three years ago during our drought & fires, but certainly not as large as yours.

Hoping for intermittent WiFi.

Keep up the good work!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 09:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Booty Barre Ballet: W/U & Arms & Legs - I forgot what a great dvd this is! I’ve always liked Tracey and this was the perfect length, about 25 min. total. I’m planning to work through my barre & ballet DVDs for the next while and decide what to keep.
~3 Km walk
~Headstand & upper back acupressure
~Yoga Collective: Yin Deep Stretch - I bought a year Groupon for $12.75 a few months ago and it was about to expire so thought I better sign up. The site looks good, some reputable instructors.

Kay - Your trip sounds fabulous! Glad you are feeling better!

Helen - I’ve seen pictures of the smoky air and the rescued koalas from the fires, so scary & sad!

Lili - Leftovers after a big feast are the best!

Cleda - When I found the snowman pic on google, I knew I needed him for my avatar & my FB profile pic. Good luck with the rest of your challenge!

Mena - What are your thoughts on Namaste Yoga?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 06:36 AM  
Helen

PAM
Oh New Zealand is WONDERFUL!!
Yes, the Koalas do suffer - and not easy to tend - not many species of eucalypt they eat.

KAY
Even 'somewhat' better IS positive.
It's been 5 years since you've worn a bra?!

CLEDA
Well done for resisting the RunBet. No, you can't do both.
Congratulations on the 300th.

LILI
ooh yeah - 5mi = 8km - significantly further. In March?
3.5 months (depending on when in March) - I know NOTHING about training to run, I'm sure you know if that's realistic or not. We trust you not to be stupid.

MENA
Challenge accepted - 9/9 complete! I'm enjoying this.
And I'll need it especially the coming week - DH left for the farm today but only for a week.

Business
Sun, 8-Dec Kathy - Instant Workout - Cardio + Stretch Mix 45min (via YouTube --> burnt to chaptered DVD)
Mon, 9-Dec GymBox - Ashli - Step Aerobics Advanced Class 61min (also via YouTube)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote