Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-19, 12:31 PM  
Catahoula Cate

WOW! Talk about an exciting game! Congrats!!!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 01:59 PM  
Leonana

I did Jessica's Stepping Strength this morning. One of my favorites. But I used lighter weights.

My elbow is feeling better. I think it might be bike rides, and the way I position my arms on the handle bar. I try to move them and stretch, etc., but they seem to get sore. I had a rest day yesterday and that helped.

I am planning on going Christmas shopping with a friend tomorrow, so am looking forward to that. I have a biopsy on my thyroid nodule in the morning, so crossing my fingers everything is negative. I had one 13 years ago and it was negative then. I'm looking forward to shopping afterwards.

I also am getting a permanent crown on my tooth next Monday. I got the temporary crown last week, and crossing my fingers I won't need a root canal. So far, it seems to be okay, although a bit sensitive.

MT, that does sound like a close game!

Katie, brrr that does sound cold outside. We've had some rain recently, but highs are in the 60's. Do you also work outside the home? I don't at the moment, but will start looking again in January. It's hard for me to find something that isn't late nights in retail, as I don't have current experience. I might have to go that route though.

Vannie, sounds like a big job with the lefse! I'm glad you didn't get injured in your fall.
Old 12-09-19, 11:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I made mini red velvet bundt cakes for a Christmas supper with friends tonight. I had never made or even eaten bundt cake before but I think they turned out pretty good. This afternoon I finally worked out for the first time since Tuesday. I did XTrain Super Cuts premix 8 which had much more cardio effect than I expected! That was a virgin and so was the Virtual Active American Northeast Hike I did next on the treadmill with my backwards walking to finish it off. Last I did TurboFire Stretch 10, still one of my very favorite stretches.

Sherry, it seems like I had some elbow irritation with biking too. I can't remember what form adjustments I made to eliminate the problem. If I think of it I'll let you know. Glad it's feeling better though.

MT, huzzah! So exciting they won!

Katie, our temps dropped today along with blowing snow. The real feel by the time we walked in the afternoon was I think -5. The next two days we're barely supposed to be above zero. It will be cold but probably means no one will be at the dog park!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 03:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Today was XTrain Hard Strikes premix 16, VA Sierra Nevada 2 Hike on the tm with the same 10 min of backwards walking at the end and then the Strong Knees stretch. My booty and quads were talking to me!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-11-19, 04:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, how was the biopsy and how is your tooth?

I got a flu shot today. Yay. I decided it might be smart not to do my planned biceps and triceps weight workout today. I have wassail heating up in the crockpot. Can you believe Walmart had no cinnamon sticks?? We'll see how it tastes with red hots instead.

Old 12-13-19, 07:47 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy Friday the 13th!!!

I found my old yearbooks yesterday. It made me laugh to see some things don't change much...lots of comments from friends about how weird and loud I was! Hahaha!

Old 12-13-19, 09:14 AM  
Leonana

Vannie, the biopsy went well. My throat felt sore for a couple of days, but not too bad. I should know results next week. My tooth is better! I think it was really irritated by removing the old filling, etc. I get the permanent crown on Monday.

I didn’t work out on Tuesday because of the biopsy, did housework and yard work on Wednesday, yesterday was Jessica Smith’s 20 Minute Back Friendly Workout. I also did my volunteer work, three hours of filing at the hospice office. Lots of bending and squatting, and walking back and forth, I count it as a workout.
Old 12-13-19, 12:01 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Happy Friday the 13th!

Vannie, we've been getting flu shots the last couple of years and so far it's helped. We got it really bad one Spring and it had us both down and out for a full month. Since we are self employed, we had to hire someone that month and were lucky to find someone. Sounds like you are getting some pretty good workouts in.

Sherry, glad your tooth is doing better and your biopsy went well. It will be nice to get both things in the rearview.

It's been really busy with a variety of Christmas things and work. I've been loving listening to Christmas music I've been continuing with PT exercises and youtube. I have my Gilad Arms & Shoulders VHS out to remind me to do it!!(my first fitness purchase from Collage). It's been a while since I've done a arm/shoulder video and Vannie you mentioned biceps/triceps which reminded me. Our weather is not too bad but the last storm left a layer of ice in a lot of places so I'm not doing much in the way of walking outside yet.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 08:36 PM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I am glad your tooth is better. When I have a toothache, I ache all over.

Vannie, I always get a flu shot. I don't ever recall getting the flu. but I've heard it is awful.

Katie, I bought my first Christmas present today. I wish I still had my first fitness purchase. It was a Jane Fonda video. I still have several VHS tapes.

Hugs, Scarlett!!
Old 12-14-19, 08:58 PM  
MathTeacher

I have to tell you want I am doing right now. The private school in our town is in the state finals, so I am watching them on tv. We are hoping to have two title holders. How cool would that be?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.