Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-19, 12:48 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did Jessica's 21 Day Low Impact HIIT and today was her Walk Strong 1 Total Body.

I think I banged my left elbow on the wall or door, and it's still sore. I'm able to work out, but have to be careful with the dumbbell moves. It also pops when I raise it over my head with a weight.

MT, congratulations to your team!

Katie, I did a few cards today. I need to buy more Christmas cards and stamps! DD and I did decorate the tree yesterday evening, so that's done. We don't do a lot of decorating, but it's nice to see around the house.
Old 12-05-19, 04:28 PM  
Vantreesta

https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/de...-in-t1123.html

Very sad news. I don't know if you guys remember Judy From the Heartland who posted on Collage and then was Judy W here on VF, but I just found out she passed away. The link above is from Total Fitness and has a link to her obituary. She was such an inspiration with her weight loss and fitness journey.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 05:00 PM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, thanks for posting Judy's obit. Such a sweet lady.

We won our last state title in 1933! We're due!
Old 12-05-19, 07:13 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks for posting Vannie. I do remember Judy and am very saddened to learn of her passing. Good lady!

MT, Wow, that is a long time! It's going to be a very exciting game this Saturday. Looking for the win!!

Sherry, Nice that you have your tree up. We don't do a lot of decorating either but we will be getting a tree too. I'm looking forward to it!

Waves to Scarlett! What Christmas movies are you watching? Any favs? I love "The Santa Clause with Tim Allen and A Christmas Story with Ralphie always cracks me up.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Some of our old Collage buddies have posted memories of Judy on the thread I linked above. I had known she was receiving treatments but I didn't know for what. She always had such a positive attitude.

MT, how exciting for the game on Saturday! Go for the W!!

Sherry, glad you got your tree up. I went way simple this year. I think since my Halloween got so huge I am tired by the time Christmas comes around!

Katie, nice job working on Cathe. Glad you've had some nice weather.

I'm still sore from upper body weights on Monday. Tuesday morning I didn't feel great so I didn't workout till after our last walk. I did a ride on my bike trainer to Ambient Virtual Cycle Windmills & Walkways and Zombies Run S3M5 (I biked through the Netherlands with Prince while a ghost talked to me ) and then the Twists practice from Rodney's AM Yoga for Your Week. Yesterday I had a bunch of errands to run and never got in a workout. Last night we went to see A Christmas Carol. It was my first real play (meaning not a school play) and it was fantastic! I really enjoyed it. This morning as we were starting our first walk I slipped on ice and fell square on my knee. It instantly bruised. We came back home and I iced it for a while. We went again a couple hours later and all was fine, no limp. It hurts more to touch it than to move it. This afternoon I boiled and riced 10 lbs of potatoes and mixed up lefse. Tmrw I will be in the kitchen all day actually cooking the lefse. Not sure if I'll get in a workout tonight or tmrw.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-07-19, 09:32 AM  
Vantreesta

A little birdie told me there's a birthday today! Hope you have a great day, Sherry!

MT, the big game day! Enjoy!

I cooked 81 sheets of lefse yesterday. Next time I'll change the way I do it a little so I can cook it over two days instead of one.

Old 12-07-19, 12:48 PM  
MathTeacher

Happy birthday, Sherry!

Our game kicks off at 6:30. It is an exciting day!
Old 12-07-19, 01:16 PM  
Leonana

I'm so sorry to hear about Judy. I posted on the thread at TF. I always enjoyed her posts there and here.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

MT, congrats on the State title win!
Old 12-08-19, 09:41 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, Happy belated Birthday!

MT, the results of the game?

Vannie, wow, 81 sheets of lefse! What a productive day.

We have been very busy work wise recently so not a lot to report. We are supposed to get freezing rain followed by snow today so I hope I can get outside a bit before it starts. I've been continuing with my youtube favs for exercise with occasional dvd's.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 11:20 AM  
MathTeacher

We won 28 - 27!!