Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-18, 10:12 AM  
danac99

The Firm Wave

I was curious if anyone still uses these workouts? When the kit first came out I didn’t buy it because I wasn’t quite sure I would like the wave. Now I’m looking at clips again and rethinking that...
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 12:31 PM  
wendug

I bought the Firm Wave from a local seller on Craigslist a few years ago for 15 bucks. I even bought a few of the extra workouts on Amazon. However, I hardly use it. It is an interesting set and I like it, but it is the least used of my Firm workouts. I'm curious to hear if others use this set much.
Old 03-09-18, 01:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I found the DVDs in a used book shop. about 1-2 years later, I found the wave in a thrift store for a net price of $6.

I STILL haven't used the DVDs yet, although I have used the wave itself for cardio.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 03:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I think it is a fun set, I also got it for very cheap (in a clearance sale like for $11 CAD or so), it came with three DVDs. I like it that much, that this year I finally found some extra DVDs for it. To be honest though, I don't use it that often, well because as a vidiot, there are so many workouts I've got that I want to try and too little time But, I'm hoping to use it more with the extra DVDs I've got recently.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 04:06 PM  
MoFirmer

YES!!! I use it almost daily! For more FIRM workouts than JUST the wave ones! It is great for standing weight work.
Old 03-10-18, 08:28 AM  
Carol K

I just did Rock Solid Cardio last night and Express Abs the night before. I think they should have made more workouts for the Wave to make it worth the initial price, but I do like the workouts.
Old 03-10-18, 09:27 AM  
rvagal

We've hired professional organizers and in the spirit of paring down, I just got rid of mine on FB Marketplace. I looked at my log and I used it 4x last year. It just wasn't worth it to keep a larger piece of equipment that I use that infrequently.

I didn't dislike the workouts. I found stabilizing the wave to be challenging. But maybe because it was challenging, I had to be in the right frame of mind to reach for it.
Old 03-10-18, 09:27 AM  
rvagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I just did Rock Solid Cardio last night and Express Abs the night before. I think they should have made more workouts for the Wave to make it worth the initial price, but I do like the workouts.
Yes, I totally agree. If I'd had more workouts I probably would have done it more.
Old 03-10-18, 01:06 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

I also use it constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
YES!!! I use it almost daily! For more FIRM workouts than JUST the wave ones! It is great for standing weight work.
I use the Wave almost daily, not necessarily with the DVD's, but I use it to stretch, particularly stretching my back. Love it!
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm wave, firm wave kit, the firm wave