Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-17, 06:55 AM  
owltx

Hurricane Harvey VF: I found this really touching

posted by Amy Bento Ross on facebook:

"Praying for all the people impacted by Hurricane Harvey! I know it's not much but I have donated to a few organizations yesterday and this morning. I will also replace any DVDs lost in this event if someone wants them replaced at no cost. When people lose everything it's devastating down to yes even fitness dvds for future wellness. Please note I will honor your request in months to come because I know it's not the first things on anyone's mind, but when it is... I will send it to you. Amybentoross.com just contact me. God Bless!"

In the face of all this horrible devastation, I just found this really thoughtful. Thought I would share.
Old 08-29-17, 07:03 AM  
sherry7899

That is really sweet!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 07:31 AM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

That is an incredibly nice gesture. Amy is awesome to even be thinking about this for her fans.

Over the weekend, watching the devastation of the storm, I did think that exercise videos are probably frequently lost in these types of weather events. If you evacuate, you're prob thinking people, pets, maybe pictures? As hard as we've all worked to accumulate our collections, it wouldn't be top of mind if I'm evacuating and/or moving to higher ground. But then you come back when the weather event is over and realize all you've lost. An incredibly thoughtful gesture by Amy.
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 08:43 AM  
jusca

That is super thoughtful. I'm on a guitar forum and someone asked which guitar would you save from your home if water was rising in it. Yes, bad timing to have the thread. I responded I would save my Powerblock dumbbells cause exercise gives me a sense of relief from stress and makes me feel good. Yesterday the water was high in my area but came a few inches short from damaging our house. I already had a mental checklist of hard to come by dvds that were going to be saved.

Again, very nice of her to do this.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 08:49 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

How very thoughtful.
Old 08-29-17, 10:10 AM  
mrsyancy

I already love her workouts, makes me love them even more. What a great gesture
Old 08-29-17, 05:40 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

That's very sweet of her!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 07:10 AM  
suzannaerin

She's a class act.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 05:30 PM  
killoffsonny

Very sweet of her. I don't do her workouts anymore but I used to. Have donated the dvd's I used to have. I remember when I had to evacuate for hurricane Rita I took all my T-Tapp videos with me because at the time that's what I was mostly doing.
Old 08-30-17, 10:48 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Very sweet of her. I don't do her workouts anymore but I used to. Have donated the dvd's I used to have. I remember when I had to evacuate for hurricane Rita I took all my T-Tapp videos with me because at the time that's what I was mostly doing.
Becky, How are you riding Harvey? You and your family?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote