Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-17, 10:07 AM  
wendug

Regret getting rid of workouts

I've been on a Tracie Long workout kick lately. She was the first instructor I really clicked with years ago when I discovered her and the FIRM. I purchased a couple of TLT workouts when she came out with them and didn't like them. I ended up donating them to my library.

Fast forward to this year and I found some of her Focus workouts on Youtube (which have since been removed). I fell in love with her workouts again and started purchasing her Focus and Longevity series. Now I wish I had not given away those TLT DVD's. I guess at the time I wasn't ready for her unique functional fitness moves!

How many of you have given away/sold/traded DVD's that you regret?
Old 08-20-17, 10:22 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Too many to post or admit!

I'm in the midst of re-obtaining the Yoga Booty Ballet workouts....must be my what, 4th or 5th time getting them back?

Of course, with exercise DVDs on their way out I'm re-acquiring several DVDs that 4 years ago I thought were meh.
Old 08-20-17, 10:25 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Lol Wendy, more than one for sure!
I have re-acquired a few I regretted selling or trading, most of which I considered too gentle or easy at the time, but now are just what I need. A shift in my goals & some chronic issues have forced me to re-evaluate my workouts over the past few years.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 10:26 AM  
bubbles76

The TLTs haha! Same story -- didn't really get them when I first got them, repurchased years later when I discovered Tracie and the Firm, and now I really like them.

Speaking of the Firm, I also did this with the Firm. I scored the classic Firms for a song on VHS. Tried Firm Volume 1 and swore it wasn't for me. The outfits, the music, and yes it was hard! Years later, and now I own many Firm dvds. Firm Volume 1 is still hard though lol!

Blissology! Initially didn't feel the love, now I don't know what I was thinking. These calm me in a way I can't explain. The same with Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step. That took about four times to feel the love though, and usually with Christi I'm hooked right away.

These are the biggies, although I'm sure there are many more . I guess I can't really call it regret, as I've reacquired nearly all my initial "meh" workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 10:39 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post

I'm in the midst of re-obtaining the Yoga Booty Ballet workouts....must be my what, 4th or 5th time getting them back?

Of course, with exercise DVDs on their way out I'm re-acquiring several DVDs that 4 years ago I thought were meh.
Patti-please let me know which ones you are looking for. I've seen them at my library sales for a $1.00 once in awhile.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 11:07 AM  
MathTeacher

I sold my Beachbody Pump when it was discontinued. I got a lot of money for it. Earlier this year I realized it was how I got my best results. I bought it on eBay a few months ago. After I spent all that money (again) I found Les Mills on Demand.
Old 08-20-17, 11:17 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
Me, too!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 01:29 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
No regrets because I just re-buy/re-acquire it.
And then sometimes I get rid of it again.

I think my record was P57 Arm and Ab Booster. I think I'm on my 4th copy...or 5th.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 01:40 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
No regrets because I just re-buy/re-acquire it.
And then sometimes I get rid of it again.

I think my record was P57 Arm and Ab Booster. I think I'm on my 4th copy...or 5th.
I have gotten Fe Fit and The Firm Express a few times each. I hope I don't find a good deal on either of them anytime soon.
Old 08-20-17, 01:43 PM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I've been on a Tracie Long workout kick lately. She was the first instructor I really clicked with years ago when I discovered her and the FIRM. I purchased a couple of TLT workouts when she came out with them and didn't like them. I ended up donating them to my library.

Fast forward to this year and I found some of her Focus workouts on Youtube (which have since been removed). I fell in love with her workouts again and started purchasing her Focus and Longevity series. Now I wish I had not given away those TLT DVD's. I guess at the time I wasn't ready for her unique functional fitness moves!

Hi Wendy.

I have TLTS I can send you for postage Message me if interested

Tags
large collection, sellers remorse, traders remorse