Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-15, 07:10 PM  
lesia

Results using STS

This has probably been covered but I'm starting STS soon and have a question.

What were your results from doing a rotation of STS? I want the good and the bad (if any).

Stronger?
Leaner?

I want to commit to it at least until the New Year. I've heard a lot of praise but I know VFers will give me the real deal.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 10:36 PM  
bubbles76

I completed STS this year. I did the three-month rotation. My results are that I became stronger and tighter. I did not lose weight, nor was I looking to lose any. Keep in mind, I did not do the one rep max nor the "micro-loading", as I didn't have Cathe's weighted gloves where one could insert 1/2 pound weight increments. There were also a few instances where I had to cut a workout short due to time. I also did not have certain pieces of equipment -- the aforementioned weighted gloves, weighted vest, barbell, or pullup bar/power tower. My dumbbells only went up to 25 pounds, and I feel I could have gone heavier with lower body. However, I feel that I did well with my dumbbells, step, stability ball, bodylastics with door anchor, fire walker bands, bands, and high step. The minuses for the rotation for me is that I feel my cardio endurance either stalled or even decreased slightly.

I would do this rotation again, but I think I would do the one-rep max to see if my results were better. I would also like a barbell set for lower body, or at least heavier weights.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 12:06 AM  
deineira

I did STS about 3 years ago and I got very, very strong. I had to finish my rotation at the gym because I outgrew my 25# Dumbbells and 60# barbell. I did not lose any weight. I did lean out in my lower body, but I put on a good amount of muscle. My upper body mass definitely increased all around and I outgrew my shirts a bit. I think it would have been awesome if it came with a bulking/cutting meal plan to optimize results. The workouts were solid and I loved the rotation. I would do it again but with a focused eating protocol.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 01:15 AM  
nckfitheart

Lightbulb Sts

Hi,

I don't post on VF and I am active on cathe's forum. So here is my opinion on STS. Cons: The program require many equipment. That being said option are provided. For example when you do not own a pull up bar, you can use a band. Pure strength goes down to 6 reps only. IMO the program could have been extended to 4 reps. Or at least they could have added a bonus for those who wanted to push themselves to that rep range

Pro: it is a balanced program. It covers all aspect of strength. Endurance, hypertrophy and pure strength.

STS is not for newbies, that is my opinion. It is not for whiners, nor is it for anyone who "claiming to gain muscle easily to the point of (bulking)" Now let me explain. Although studies show that women can not easily get "bulky" some still think water retention is the "bulk". Only less than 2% of women produce more testosterone than other. I have read *few* posts on cathe's forum from users who stopped the program usually during meso 2. They have stopped for the "bulk"
I am not trying to influence your decision cause you have already made up your mind.. To give yourself better chance, do your one rep max.
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 01:16 AM  
nckfitheart

Lightbulb Sts

I gained strength, power for meso 2. I leaned out and gained definitions in my arms. I lost weight because my nutrition was tracked. Losing weight was not my main goal. I was very happy with the result. I did not "bulk" to use the negative term Btw I do not like this term!

I will revisit STS soon. I have done it few times. It is going to be my third or fourth. I can not remember.
I wish you the very best
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 01:38 AM  
Taiga

In addition to becoming much stronger, I lost about 15-18 lbs and super leaned out. Since suspension training was fun due to all that strength, I became even stronger spending my time on double trainers. Having all that strength makes it fun to do activities that keep feeding the results

I did the 1 rep max and micro loaded---I believe both were critical to my success. No real change in diet (did not add extra protein) but I live on a very clean diet in general. I only did the strength portion of STS (so no real cardio) because I get better results with more recovery when I'm really working hard. I probably had about 65-70% of my results by the end of Meso #1.
Old 10-11-15, 03:20 AM  
Tugger31

I got stronger which was good, but outgrew my shirts, which for me, was a negative.

I paired STS with 2 days of cardio. I was training for a 5K at the time. My weight did not change.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 04:36 AM  
owltx

I have done STS a couple of times. I definitely got stronger. I had a goal to increase my bicep curl capability, and by the end I did, so that was exiting. This also really helped my strength in push ups.

I would definitely suggest doing the 1 rpm for the majority of exercises you can. And invest in micro load gloves if you don't have them. They can help you get past some tipping points.

Enjoy it - I really like STS. I think it is easier for me to commit to in terms of a rotation than some others because you can choose your own cardio or whatever the other two/three days a week, inherently lowering the risk of instructor/program overload.

The workouts are longer, so if you can make sure your STS days are ones with a bit more flexibility if you have them.

-Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 05:01 AM  
PhyllisG

I did the 1rep max, micro loaded. I gained strength. Weight remained the same which was OK. I no longer fit into my shirts and my jeans got tight in the quads. I was impressed with the gains in strength.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 09:57 AM  
dela

I did the 1RM and micro-loading. I added 2-3 days a week of cardio, I think at the time that was mostly kickboxing at CKO. I did the rotation as soon as my pre-order arrived, so this was a while ago.

I don't remember about weight loss, for me, that's always minor no matter what. I gained LOTS of strength, and by the end, shirts were really tight around my arms, but I was wearing a smaller size, and had less fat around my middle so I could wear a more fitted look. I remember looking and feeling fit and strong. My arms don't ever lean out much at all, so if I have any gains, it's kind of just added to an already rounder arm.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door anchor, dumbbell size, sts, sts results, weighted gloves