Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-15, 01:59 PM  
firmbogie

Posting to see my join date. Don't remember exactly when, but back in the days of the old Firm forum, and when the classics in their original clamshells were all the rage! I'm 54 now. My user name, too, was inspired by the Firm.
Old 01-16-15, 04:59 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'm Facebook friends with Clare. I just sent her a message about this thread.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 05:22 PM  
vfleslie

I joined in 1996 I think.

I still keep in touch with my VF friends on FB, but haven't been to the forum in ages. I used to be a regular trader but haven't bought or traded much at all in the past 2 years. I still do Firm workouts (mostly Anna Benson era).

I participated in a few Friday night chats and went to a few Chicago area get-togethers. I remember one was at a Fitness Conference and I took my very first live fitness class ever wtih Christi Taylor!
vfleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 02:38 PM  
Sunshine

I remember all of you! wink!

Hi everyone, this brings back memories, I started on the Firm Forum in the 90's, and quickly found this one.
Back in those days, I kept buying videos, and I've only sold maybe one or two.
And believe it or not, I still work out to all of them. I did Firm Upper Body parts last week.
and Yes! I was the one that had the 899 videos in 2004, I have quite a few more, kept on getting all the CIA's, Cathe's etc.

I was known mostly for my reviews..

I had a site with all my reviews on MSN groups, until one day MSN decided to delete "all group sites" without warning or emails and without my knowledge.
I got over the devastation, I only had a few backed up, I didn't know about backing things up. I stopped posting, but did not stop working out.

Now I still work out and I still get all the Cathe DVD's that come out.

I just happened to get back on this Forum this week after several years of being away. Good to see y'all.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 07:57 PM  
Yolie

Eulonda S here!

I'm here after a verrrrrrrrrrry long hiatus. Hello all! Miss the SF Bay Area crew. Dawn P, where you at? Celia M? Caroline R?
Yolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 07:01 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi Maryan and everyone else from the VF "good old days!" I started posting at VF in 1999. I had been reading the video reviews; I was surprised to find other people who were as passionate about exercise videos as I was. My first fitness message board was Cathe's. I found Cathe through the Collage catalog, and was doing her step videos, and she mentioned the Ask Cathe website at the end of the videos. I also found the Firm through a commercial on TV (it cost $49.99 then); I think it was on ESPN, and at the time, I was into Cory Everson's Body Shaping show and Gilad's Bodies in Motion show, both of which I recorded on a VCR every day. Even though there have been so many new videos and new instructors since the early days, I find that my favorites are the vintage ones, and Cathe is still the instructor I work out with the most. I enjoy her older workouts more than her newer ones.

I went on my first VF get-together, and then several more, including one of the early Cathe roadtrips. We would watch videos at people's homes or in the hotel room. I remember watching Zsa Zsa's video and some other funny ones. I met so many great people, whom I miss to this day. Some of the original gang are still here, which makes me happy.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 08:02 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Hi everyone, this brings back memories, I started on the Firm Forum in the 90's, and quickly found this one.
Back in those days, I kept buying videos, and I've only sold maybe one or two.
And believe it or not, I still work out to all of them. I did Firm Upper Body parts last week.
and Yes! I was the one that had the 899 videos in 2004, I have quite a few more, kept on getting all the CIA's, Cathe's etc.

I was known mostly for my reviews..

I had a site with all my reviews on MSN groups, until one day MSN decided to delete "all group sites" without warning or emails and without my knowledge.
I got over the devastation, I only had a few backed up, I didn't know about backing things up. I stopped posting, but did not stop working out.

Now I still work out and I still get all the Cathe DVD's that come out.

I just happened to get back on this Forum this week after several years of being away. Good to see y'all.
Hi Lucy! I remember you from the FIRM check in which ended up being the FIRM plus other workouts. Some others from those days are still here too.
I remember the reviews you posted and how much detail was in them. It's good to see your video fitness journey has continued.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 03:07 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I joined in 199something
Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 03:25 PM  
laurieb
VF Supporter

I just re-engaged looking for joint friendly workouts. I've been a member since I think 1999 but probably have not posted in over 5 years. I've still been exercising to videos but stopped doing high impact, tall box climbs and step workouts probably about 5 years ago. Wow great to see some familiar names.
Old 01-27-15, 02:53 PM  
Melissa C

I have been a VF-er since the old days at concentric.net. Some of my reviews date back to the mid-1990s when I was trying just to get daily workouts in while balancing work, marriage, and a little girl. My job has gotten MUCH less stressful over the last year or so, our daughter is a freshman in college, and my husband and I will have been a couple 24 years next month. I was probably 39 when I found VF. My husband gave me a Reebok step for my 40th birthday--I still use it two or three times a week!

Next month I will be 58. I still work out to videos every day except when we are traveling (I just get out and walk or do the treadmill). I lurk more than I post, but I am still here and have no plans to leave. Good to see so many of you from a couple decades back!
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
veteran vfers, vintage vfers