Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-14, 06:32 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I think the thing that frustrates me with STS Total Body is the fact that I can't lift as heavy as I think I can because of the speed.

I must say that I don't care for the warm up at all, but the rest of the workout is very good. The premixes alone on the DVD are worth it. If you need a short but challenging leg workout, do the legs only premix. It's great and will generate plenty of sweat and challenge.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:50 PM  
juberann

I DID IT!!! I bought STS and traded for Meso #1 earlier but I plan on giving that to my friend who has lost 98 pounds and wants so badly to start weight training and especially wants some Cathe DVDs. But for $87.74 and FREE shipping, I couldn't pass it up. Figure my refund from PIYO will almost cover it, right?
I love a bargain
Old 07-13-14, 10:32 PM  
Cafelattee

STS total body is my go to full body workout.
I've done the think for so long now and usually go heavier and lift slower but keep the same exercise sequences.

I also will use the leg portion combined with Xtrain burn set upper body part to give me different split options.

Just wanted to give another praise for the workout
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 11:47 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I DID IT!!! I bought STS and traded for Meso #1 earlier but I plan on giving that to my friend who has lost 98 pounds and wants so badly to start weight training and especially wants some Cathe DVDs. But for $87.74 and FREE shipping, I couldn't pass it up. Figure my refund from PIYO will almost cover it, right?
I love a bargain
You got a fantastic deal! Your friend will be happy too!

Of course it's always a personal-taste thing, but I loved STS. I plan to do another rotation this fall. I got great strength gains and a lot of definition the last two times.

I hope that you enjoy STS too!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 12:26 AM  
juberann

Thanks, Lori! I truly feel I got a great deal and I am so thankful to Cathe for offering it. I need strength gains and I need to drop some menopause weight so I plan on further cleaning up my diet as well.
I don't yet understand the whole concept behind STS but I'm excited to find out.
Old 07-14-14, 07:08 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Have fun Judy! Congrats on the great deal, too!
Old 07-14-14, 12:04 PM  
juberann

Thanks, Colleen!!!!
Old 07-14-14, 12:09 PM  
bubbles76

I kind of don't care for STS Total Body, to be honest. It moves a little fast for me. But I'm keeping it around in hopes that I will warm up to it. At first, some of the Xtrain dvds seemed to move a bit fast, and now I love those workouts. Let's hope the same for STS Total Body.

For those that did the full STS rotation, did you gain strength and definition even if you didn't do the whole one rep max thing or incremental loading? I don't have, nor do I want to spend the money to get, those gloves that let you had on one pound at a time. I wouldn't mind some plate mates though that go up by 2.5 pound increments. But I've tried the one rep max thing before, and I always seem to go to failure early. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 02:11 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

For incremental increases, I found 1 lb and 1 1/2 lb donut wrist weights at the local Burlington Coat store for a very reasonable price. They are much cheaper than plate mates. They also had weighted gloves, but they were not the kind where you could adjust the poundage. If you look around, I bet you can find some deals.
Old 07-14-14, 03:23 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I kind of don't care for STS Total Body, to be honest. It moves a little fast for me. But I'm keeping it around in hopes that I will warm up to it. At first, some of the Xtrain dvds seemed to move a bit fast, and now I love those workouts. Let's hope the same for STS Total Body.
Me, too. I've been really tempted to trade it a few times as I think it moves WAY faster than almost any other workout in my collection, but then I think maybe I'll warm up to that speed at some point. Something positive: I know some people have issues with the music, but I think her Trisets workout is a perfect total body/split workout. It's just excellent. The lower body workout kills me (in a good way) every time.

Tags
sts, sts total body