Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-14, 09:43 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

What is the code for 20% off?
Old 07-13-14, 09:44 AM  
suzannaerin

Yes, you can sub dumbbells for a barbell.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 09:53 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
What is the code for 20% off?
It's SAVE20
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 09:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did an STS rotation a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I didn't buy Meso 1 as I have tons of Cathe high rep workouts and did them instead.

I was really disappointed in the speed of her STS Total Body. It is just the same old warp-speed Cathe and really didn't have much to do with STS. I did it once and put it away.

I'll have to dust it off again and see how I like it now that I know she goes so fast.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 10:23 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

The STS Total body leg premix is a short but killer and effective leg workout! I like to use that one after a short-ish cardio workout and it fries my legs!

I have to add my love for Meso 2! I love Meso 1 also but the push up fest does give it a wee bit of dread factor . The leg workouts in Meso 1 and Meso 3 are fantastic, though, so I would definitely recommend getting the STS bundle, considering the fantastic sale she has on it now. I think someone mentioned with the DOD and the coupon code it's like $88 ! That's an awesome deal and it is WELL worth it for that price to get them all.

The Meso 2 is my favorite because the lifting for upper and lower is so straightforward and nicely paced. It's not as frenetic as Meso 1 and the rest periods aren't as agonizingly long as in Meso 3. When it came to upper body lifting, Meso 3 bored me to tears with the long rests and doing the same couple of exercises over and over. I know that's how you build strength, but I tend to prefer rep ranges between 10-12 myself.

You can definitely use dumbbells instead of the barbell! I only use the barbell for back rows and deadlifts and use dumbbells for everything else.

I also love doing STS in the winter and plan to start it again in September/October with the hope of being done with it by the time Ripped with Hiit comes out.
Old 07-13-14, 11:37 AM  
juberann

Thanks, everyone!! I know this system requires a time commitment but that's ok with me since I have reset my priorities in order to fit in more workout time, some activities I have put aside and have cut down on my FaceBook time and ma amazed how much time it has freed up for me.
I need to exercise more, especially with the weights, since menopause weight gain is catching up to me.
I am going to check out that deal on Cathe's site and am hoping for a trade....not sure I need all of these but,honestly, will probably end up with all three cycles
Old 07-13-14, 01:11 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I agree with Alta that it's really fast. I also don't bother with the band exercises, I don't think they're that important. Sometimes I will skip the middle exercise in each leg triset. I still feel I get a good leg workout.
Old 07-13-14, 01:18 PM  
shoegoddess

Meso2 and you don't need the tower. I do STS with just dumbbells and tubing with a door anchor.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 03:31 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
Here's my Spreadsheet of the STS workouts. I did this to save paper. Cathe's worksheets only let you record one time through. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgym3jxpku...Worksheets.xls
Thank you for this!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 06:21 PM  
TracyQ

I love Meso 2. I'm 50 years old and did a three month rotation of Meso 2 this past winter and along with a clean diet I lost 23lbs (went from 147 to 124 at 5'9".)

When I tried the full STS rotation when it first came out I did not like what it did for my physique. Meso 3 did not agree with me . I really like the Plyo Leg workouts in Meso 3 though and still use them occasionally.

Meso 1 is good too but there is a slight dread factor because of all the push ups (I actually like push ups but there really are a ton in Meso 1).

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sts, sts total body