Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-19, 08:24 PM  
hotncmom

Podcast recommendations (not OT)

The weather is getting warm so it's time to start walking outside a lot more! Yay! But I like to listen to podcasts while I'm walking. My favorite podcast is Young House Love Has a Podcast. It's only 30 minutes once a week, so obviously I need some more ideas. What does everyone like? Please, no politics or religion!

PS. I have already listened to Dirty John.

Thanks!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-19, 09:43 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

If you're a reader, then Anne Bogel's What To Read Next Podcast is great, along with all of the podcasts in the Bookriot ecosystem. Others that are great: The Librarian is In, Just the Right Book, From the Front Porch, The Popcast, Book Cougars, Drunk Booksellers, Annotated, ReplyAll, Limetown, Serial, Heavyweight, Criminal, In the Dark, S-Town, Homecoming, Pop Culture Happy Hour, are all great, too.

(Can you tell I have a long commute??
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-19, 11:34 PM  
Leonana

I like podcasts from the Maximum Fun Network. My favorites are Oh No: Ross and Carrie, Judge John Houseman, Sawbones, and Schmanners. They are a combination of humor, history and science. I find them interesting and enjoyable.
Old 03-29-19, 05:57 AM  
suzannaerin

Believed is great. Death in Ice Valley. Dirty John (better than the bravo series). I mostly listen to political podcasts (Slow Burn, Trump Inc. etc), but would love to hear any recommendations on mystery or true crime. I don’t care for My Favorite Murder because of the chatter at the beginning of the segments. I just want to hear the story.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 09:22 AM  
try2bfit

I enjoy listening to the Happier podcast with Gretchen Rubin and her sister Elizabeth. They usually have a try this at home, happier hacks, and occasional interviews.
Jody
try2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 10:46 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Pahla Bowers has a weekly Let's Run (often walking!) podcast in which she discusses some topic related to fitness and exercise.

I also occasionally listen to Jillian Michaels, No Meat Athlete and Rich Roll (his are usually over an hour). Non-fitness faves include Crime Writers On, Sorta Awesome, Bear Brook, Get Booked, What Should I Read Next, Obscure (comedian Michael Ian Black reads Thomas Hardy's classic novel Jude the Obscure), and if you like food-related topics, Radio Cherry Bombe and The Food Chain from BBC.

ETA: Bad Blood about the Theranos scandal is good too.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 03-29-19 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added info
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 03:51 PM  
cpcathy

Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard
You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes
Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend
The Watch
The Rewatchables
The Bill Simmons Podcast

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-19, 01:57 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Believed is great. Death in Ice Valley. Dirty John (better than the bravo series). I mostly listen to political podcasts (Slow Burn, Trump Inc. etc), but would love to hear any recommendations on mystery or true crime. I don’t care for My Favorite Murder because of the chatter at the beginning of the segments. I just want to hear the story.
I am like you, I mostly listen to political podcasts. However, I listened to the “Last Seen” series which is produced by WGBH Boston and the Boston Globe. It is about the art heist at the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum back in the early 1990s and the investigation to recover the items stolen. It was excellent even though the ending is not satisfying. The artwork has never been recovered.
The descriptions of the paintings, the investigators, journalists and mob figures was gripping.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-19, 06:47 PM  
cecififi

I've listened to almost all of Ear Hustle - real stories (real voices) of inmates at San Quentin prison. Very moving, riveting stories of people who have spent a good part of their lives in prison. You hear their reflections on life etc.

I love the office podcast on podbean - where two fellow canadians analyze every single episode. I can't get enough of these two! Plus I love the office (14th time watching) so enjoy hearing a play by play of each episode, the highlights etc..

I love "a course in what" - it's not religion - it's about a course in miracles - it's more about universal love, kindness, God, jesus from a non-denominational perspective etc. a lot of oprah's guests have followed a course in miracles e.g. eckhart tolle, marianne williamson etc.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 07:29 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by try2bfit View Post
I enjoy listening to the Happier podcast with Gretchen Rubin and her sister Elizabeth. They usually have a try this at home, happier hacks, and occasional interviews.
Jody
I love this podcast and have been listening since they launched episode 1. So many great ideas and tips in there!

Tags
podcast, podcasts, podcasts podcast