Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-14, 12:54 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
For something different, I've also done the first week of each Mesocycle in a row, then did week 2's all in a row (Meso 1 week 1, then M2W1, M3K1..active recovery week...then M1W2, M2W2, M3W2...active recovery...etc etc)
That sounds interesting. I might try that!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 11:21 AM  
bzbnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilene View Post
Also after all three Phases do you think it would be alright to just do Meso 2 & 3?
I think that would be just fine. I know some ladies who are doing STS Pyramid style - Mesos 1, 2, 3 then 2, 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilene View Post
It is hard for me to build muscle though but I think that an endurance workout like Meso 1 would definitely be good for me to break it up.

I just wasn't sure what I should do. I was almost thinking of alternating a week of BB with a week of STS. Maybe I'll just finish off this week with Phase 1...doing only one week of it and move right on to Phase 2. Would that be ok you think?
Meso 1 could be a good change to your routine. (I'm not sure how Body Beast is set up.) Isn't there the idea that Meso 1 builds up your endurance so that you can lift heavier with that greater endurance for the following Meso cycles? I'm not an STS veteran so, you probably know what works best for you.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 02:28 PM  
Eilene

Body Beast has straight sets, progressive sets, force sets with rep ranges from 8-15. It is hard & It is really great...but I just wanted to stick to 8-12 reps as that is supposed to be better for building muscle. That is why I was thinking of just trying Meso 1 & 2 just for a change.
I think I'm going to what Tugger31 suggested. That sounds fun!

Thanks for your help!! Have a fab day!
Eilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 02:43 PM  
marmact

I generally prefer heavy lifting but I really enjoy Meso #1. It moves quickly and she sequences the exercises well so that you can go a little heavier than on many endurance workouts. I also think it's good for the body to mix it up AND if you are looking to lean out after a heavy lifting phase, this type of work will definitely do it!

Tags
cathe, mixing sts phases, sts, sts meso 1