Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-13, 10:05 AM  
CarlaVeg

Hip Hop Abs, is it fun?

Hello, my SIL wants to do this program. Is it any good? she has a lot of weight to lose and doesn't like any athletic workouts. She likes fun dancing stuff. Her fitness level is beginners as she doesn't workout at all.

From the informecial she thinks this will be super fun. Is that true? would you recommend this program. It's now less than $30.

Thanks,

Carla

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 10:25 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I bought both Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body recently (despite being dance-challenged).

I did a couple of the HHA ones and didn't enjoy them. Shaun's cueing left a lot to be desired. I didn't find them fun.

I do like Rockin' Body, although it has a huge cheese factor. Shaun cues better in this. He is, um, rather flamboyant in both of these sets (not the reserved and professional Shaun from Insanity/Asylum). IMHO, RB is more fun, if you like things a bit over-the-top.

Both sets have a modifier named Tanya who does a really good job of showing alternative and lower-impact moves. I'm not sure whether they are suitable for a beginner or not.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in with more info.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 11:19 AM  
thaispice

I happen to be a big Shaun T. fan, and I thought both HHA and RB were a lot of fun. I'd say that HHA is marginally lower in intensity than RB, but both can be done by beginners using Tanya's modifications. At less than $30, I think it would be a pretty good buy for your SIL. Best of luck to her!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:39 PM  
Eibhinn

I own Rockin' Body and have tried at least a couple of workouts from Hip Hop Abs (which I borrowed). I found Rockin' Body a lot more fun. There was definitely dancing involved with Hip Hop Abs, but I can remember feeling like Hip Hop Abs had too much focus on doing standing ab work to music while Rockin' Body was more dance focused. That said, the strength programs from Rockin' Body are probably a bit much for a beginner - the total body one has a lot of push ups. A whole lot.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:59 PM  
5pugmom

I was JUST watching the infomercial for this last night!!
I just found the entire You tube for the 25 minute Ab Sculpt and the and the 30 minute Fat Burning cardio. I am going to try the You tube a couple times. For me I would use them to add on as extra cardio.
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 01:15 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pugmom View Post
I was JUST watching the infomercial for this last night!!
I just found the entire You tube for the 25 minute Ab Sculpt and the and the 30 minute Fat Burning cardio. I am going to try the You tube a couple times. For me I would use them to add on as extra cardio.
awesome let me see if I can find the links. thanks

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hha, hip hop abs, rockin body, shaun t