Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-14, 10:33 AM  
jenn38

Tried HoCo for the first time

I recieved HoCo in a trade. It was the April monthly workout. Props were a weight, step and a mat. I started on the step but quickly went and modified everything on the floor. I did not use any weight but tried with my P57 ball. HoCo definetly let me know which muscles I lack strength in. My core and my hamstrings.

Sandra has a great personality. And I didn't end feeling defeated but feeling I need to do this at least once a week to gain strength in these areas.

I'm so happy for this trade. Thank You Joanie.

But I am confused as to where I can add HoCo in. I'm not sure if I would give considered it total body. So I'm not sure how to use it.
Old 08-19-14, 10:40 AM  
catcrazy

.......and you lived to tell about it? LOL! Yes I have the same problem, trying to figure out where to add it in, would love to get some ideas as well.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 04:48 PM  
slysam

I love Hoco, I also am wanting to ease back into it. I am thinking the shorter Hoco workouts can be a good complement to a short (30 minutes) barre workout. I felt the Hoco workouts I used challenged my upper body and core, though I did sometimes add a couple sets of pull exercises to balance all the pushups and planks. I felt the workouts included some effective lower body work, but didn't work the lower body as much as I would prefer. When I was doing Hoco a few times a week, I limited it to three times a week to give my wrists a break and would do a more lower body focussed workout on the alternate day. I was using a couple of the one hour(ish) volume dvds though, with a shorter workout it could be used as an add on or complement to a shorter lower body focussed workout. I haven't been using them recently because I am intimidated by the memory of these workouts!
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 05:16 PM  
killoffsonny

What is HoCo?
Old 08-19-14, 05:17 PM  
momof10

Jenn - The one HoCo that you did, was that the April of year 1? The way you described it, it sounded like it. That was one if the first ones u did of HoCo and I remember that one being very hamstring/glute oriented. Is that the one where she is in reverse plank with the feet on the step and she does the glute tucks/lifts with your legs straight? I can remember I had a hard time with that one. I do HoCo regularly for over 15 months every other day and I got lots better with it. I have all of her regular DVDs and all of Year 1 & 2 of Hardcore and the 101s. I also have four of the DVDs from Year 3. There is a warning on the DVDs cases to not do them more than 3 times a week. LOL. I didn't take that to heart and it got too shoulder intensive. Some of her warm ups are a workout in themselves.

Cheryl
Old 08-19-14, 06:16 PM  
bubbles76

I think this is why I haven't added in HoCo with any regularity either. I do like the workouts I've tried , and a very sweet VFer gifted me some 101s, but I just don't know where to fit them in.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 06:20 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
What is HoCo?
Horizontal Conditioning
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 07:54 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Jenn - The one HoCo that you did, was that the April of year 1? The way you described it, it sounded like it. That was one if the first ones u did of HoCo and I remember that one being very hamstring/glute oriented. Is that the one where she is in reverse plank with the feet on the step and she does the glute tucks/lifts with your legs straight? I can remember I had a hard time with that one. I do HoCo regularly for over 15 months every other day and I got lots better with it. I have all of her regular DVDs and all of Year 1 & 2 of Hardcore and the 101s. I also have four of the DVDs from Year 3. There is a warning on the DVDs cases to not do them more than 3 times a week. LOL. I didn't take that to heart and it got too shoulder intensive. Some of her warm ups are a workout in themselves.

Cheryl
Yes it is. Reverse planks are horrible. I don't have the core or wrist strength for it.
Old 08-19-14, 09:16 PM  
kariev34

Glad you liked the workout! I did HoCo for just over a year. I did the hour long ones twice a week. I didn't do any other upper body resistance workouts. I got the best upper body and ab definition ever! Unfortunately I burned out of them and haven't been doing them. I can't seem to get my arms looking the way they did with other workouts I need to get back to doing them again. Maybe I will pull out the one you did and do it Friday. I really wish she had an option to turn off the music in her workouts because it's atrocious! You will get better/stronger with them the more you do them.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 03:22 AM  
suzannaerin

I haven't tried HoCo but have watched some clips at TotalFitness. Look interesting and I can see why folks see results. One thing that I find off-putting---the hats! For some reason, the hats bother me. haha! I know some people are picky about music, sets, etc. For me it's too much make-up and overly unusual outfits . For example, in recent releases, Cathe has been wearing false eyelashes that freak me out. I keep thinking, how does she keep her eyes open, how do they stay on, how the heck do you get them off (does it hurt)? One thing is for certain, her lids are getting a great workout, holding up those suckers. haha! Of course, Cathe is gorgeous and I love her workouts. Just a quirk of mine. I have never worn false eyelashes or much, if any, make up, so that's my point of reference.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hoco