Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-12, 08:34 PM  
IrishOT

I really hope everyone that is getting this set loves it! It really is unique to anything else out there....at leat that I am aware of! As I have mentioned I love the 30 second intervals and that the circuit is repeated. For the TKO cardio and some of the other cardio moves, I used weighted gloves or held 3# dumbbells. I don't have the cordless ropes, but have used either one or three pound dumbells as "handles". These really are versitile and I do like that she has many differnent people in her cast. I also do the circuits back to back instead of taking the break while she calls a cast member up to do the move...unless I need a sip of water...
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 06:06 AM  
Sharaz

Just want to add that last weekend I finally took time and look carefully at JNL fitness guide. I read it quickly when I receive it. It looked like things I do, so I didn't pay to much attention to it.

So, I can tell is very good. I believe the text comes from her Fitness Model book. The timing of food and cycling part is a must read. I don't want to give more details due to the forum rules, but I recommend to take time and read it because even though many of us had learned good things during the course of our fitness journey sometimes small details can be forgotten.
Old 06-14-12, 06:10 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzysoho View Post
Thanks for the information about the music. I caved today and called to order the set. Glad to get the preorder price. I love all you VF ladies

Now the wait for the package begins....
yay!!!! Let us know your impressions
Old 06-14-12, 02:53 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

i did Shoulder Shredder and Complete Core last night. ouch! i have some doms today!!
the Fitness guide is good! looked through it yesterday too. will need to review further.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 09:27 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
i did Shoulder Shredder and Complete Core last night. ouch! i have some doms today!!
the Fitness guide is good! looked through it yesterday too. will need to review further.
IShoulder Shedder It really hit shoulder and triceps deeper. By the last circuit is even hard for me to perform those triceps dips. I used a bench last time for better range of motion. A step will be good too. Just some twists to consider.
Old 06-14-12, 09:28 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishOT View Post
I really hope everyone that is getting this set loves it! It really is unique to anything else out there....at least that I am aware of!
Anyone else care to weigh in or what it's most like? Maybe sounds kind of Supreme 90-ish? Enable or disable me!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 10:03 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Anyone else care to weigh in or what it's most like? Maybe sounds kind of Supreme 90-ish? Enable or disable me!
All I can said is that I picked up S90 out of a Walmart shelf last august. Couldn't resist the price. I just went to my polar calories tracking and shows that I burned 105 calories on Chest & Back a 33 min workout. That was the only workout that I tried from the set and later traded it. The intensity wasn't there for me. With JNL Fusion I burn between 250-275 calories per workout. I always burn up between 450-500 calories on my hour long advance workouts so this are great numbers for me. Disclaimer: This is just my particular numbers which take into consideration my age/weight/activity. Calories burned varied between individuals.

I think we are talking of two systems no related whatsoever. JNL Fusion is high intensity. JNL Fusion has cardio HIT or cardio bursts as she called it between weight sets which rise your HR and maintained it trough all the workout duration. Also, JNL and the cast members has a happy and upbeat demeanor. Is just more fun IMHO.
Old 06-14-12, 10:54 PM  
Honeydew

*sigh* doesn't anyone want to trade this set???
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 05:58 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
The intensity wasn't there for me. With JNL Fusion I burn between 250-275 calories per workout. I always burn up between 450-500 calories on my hour long advance workouts so this are great numbers for me. Disclaimer: This is just my particular numbers which take into consideration my age/weight/activity. Calories burned varied between individuals.
That's great! I thought I read somewhere these weren't that intense (sorry, with a few threads with the number of posts, it's hard to keep track!), but I guess it's what you put into it. Sounds like maybe a few workouts are "meh" but most are real gems... I have plenty of Jillian as BR was tempting me, but this sounds like a nice addition!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 08:20 AM  
isebelleg44

Why do I keep opening this thread? Must resist...

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunky guys with no shirts, jennifer nicole lee, jnl, jnl fusion, rotations, scratched dvds