Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-24, 03:37 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Good thing to pass on. Brooke Shields broke her femur on a balance board. Brooke Shields breaks femur
Thanks for the heads up! Yikes! I cannot afford to be injured like that. I am also now satisfied that I passed on it. Sometimes I regret buying things, even though I shouldn't...

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 12:01 AM  
star117

Yikes is right! I also want ro work on my balance but I think I'll do it on level ground!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 12:51 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I think I will stick to the floor for balance too. What a terrible injury to have.

It has been slim pickings at my stores for a long time, although today, at three different stores, I picked up a different set of Yoga Burn DVDs for $2 each. It seems like someone was sharing the love with 3 stores. Each set has four DVDs and different levels and programs, some not yoga.
I don’t have a clue who the blonde woman on the covers is. There is no information on the back covers with regards to instructors.
I feel as though in the past I have either seen this series or heard about it.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 03:21 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I think I will stick to the floor for balance too. What a terrible injury to have.

It has been slim pickings at my stores for a long time, although today, at three different stores, I picked up a different set of Yoga Burn DVDs for $2 each. It seems like someone was sharing the love with 3 stores. Each set has four DVDs and different levels and programs, some not yoga.
I don’t have a clue who the blonde woman on the covers is. There is no information on the back covers with regards to instructors.
I feel as though in the past I have either seen this series or heard about it.
Zoe Bray Cotton. I tagged this thread so you can see other threads about Yoga Burn. congrats on the finds! I have a few of the YB series and liked the few that I had tried.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 06:35 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Zoe Bray Cotton. I tagged this thread so you can see other threads about Yoga Burn. congrats on the finds! I have a few of the YB series and liked the few that I had tried.
Thank you for the tags, I couldn’t find them to research. It’s also good to know someone likes them.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 11:26 PM  
jusca

I hit the jackpot. This hasn't happened in years. It's not common to see a fitness dvd with the exception of a Jillian here or there and even those are not seen a lot. I found a new sealed Tabata Transformation System 13 dvds for $2 (no guides but that's ok with me), a Karen Voight sweat cardio (I've been wanting to try her!), a Biggest Loser dvd, and I forgot the name of the other 2 dvds which were all 50 cents a each.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 11:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I hit the jackpot. This hasn't happened in years. It's not common to see a fitness dvd with the exception of a Jillian here or there and even those are not seen a lot. I found a new sealed Tabata Transformation System 13 dvds for $2 (no guides but that's ok with me), a Karen Voight sweat cardio (I've been wanting to try her!), a Biggest Loser dvd, and I forgot the name of the other 2 dvds which were all 50 cents a each.
Nice haul!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-24, 03:26 PM  
CharM

Someone parted with her Joyce Vedral dvds. I only bought a sealed Speedy Non-Stop, left behind:

Non Stop/ whatever the second workout is
Bone Building / etc
Bottoms Up Gold (already own it)
Now or Never/ Top Shape

also saw:
many Jillian, yoga, pilates
a few Denise Austin
Kathy Smith LWTLW
several Leslie (hard to leave those behind but how many walks do I NEED?)
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-24, 04:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Someone parted with her Joyce Vedral dvds. I only bought a sealed Speedy Non-Stop, left behind:

Non Stop/ whatever the second workout is
Bone Building / etc
Bottoms Up Gold (already own it)
Now or Never/ Top Shape

also saw:
many Jillian, yoga, pilates
a few Denise Austin
Kathy Smith LWTLW
several Leslie (hard to leave those behind but how many walks do I NEED?)
awesome on the Joyce finds.

with Leslie, I have so many that i keep a very short list of some of the ones I "need."

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 02-27-24, 12:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

saw these DVDs at Saver's, $2.99:

*Miranda Esmonde-White: Essentrics Posture & Pain Relief (2015)
**Scott Cole: Discover Tai Chi for Balance & Mobility
Slim in 6 kit (DVD and book)
Peggy Cappy Easy Yoga for Arthritis
Tony Horton 10 Minute Trainer

*picked this up for net cost of $2.35; i might have these workouts in one of her compilations - need to compare

**considering going back to get this.

Tags
thrift store finds, yoga burn, zoe bray cotton