Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-12, 12:44 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Valerie Waters' systems

So what do y'all think of Valerie Waters programs? I have been doing some searches but am still curious. What systems does she have? I am aware of Action Hero Babe, but there is one referred to a IWBBWB or something like that that I just could NOT figure out!

I was just on Facebook and Livestrong posted a clip they called "Valerie Waters Red Carpet Ready" --is that part of a system? I really liked the clip; I liked the exercises, I like her demeanor, and I thought "this is something I could do."

I need a more intermediate strength rotation for summer and I haven't bought anything new since Les Mills Pump purchased at the end of December. Literally not a single workout. So maybe I'll just buy a whole system! I'm getting emotionally ready to commit to and embark on something; I'm past the "precontemplation" phase and ready for action! lol.

So, give me a clue, what VW workout options are out there, what do you think of VW, what results have you had with her workouts, and any other details you think might be of interest. THANKS.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 01:25 PM  
slysam

I have red carpet ready, it is a paper workout program. I haven't managed to do a full rotation but I've done some of the workouts and it is pretty good, immediate level. If you prefer a dvd, she has one called Movie Star Fitness. A kind VK'er gave me this one. It is really similar in style to the Red Carpet Ready Circuits and helped me understand what the exercises are since I am more visual. I am thinking of using this one in a future phase of the Fake Meta experiment. The good things about her workouts: I like using the sliders and feel they are quite effective for improving functional fitness aspects like balance, coordination and core strength; I find they have a pretty good cardio effect and are kind of sneaky (at first they don't feel as hard maybe because of the creative movements, but after a couple circuits they sneak up), I think her workouts have a bit of a pre-hab benefit to them even though they are marketed as having aesthetic goals. I haven't stuck with them consistently enough to see whether the aesthetic benefits apply. The big con, is I think they are a bit expensive which is the main thing that has kept me from some of her more advanced systems.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 01:30 PM  
westiemack

Susan, I have most of Val's workouts, but I'm not a real rotation person, so I've done them here and there. I really like Val! Here is a link to her website, and she shows the different programs there. I don't see the regular IWMBB on there, just the express, but it'll give you an idea.

www.valeriewaters.com

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 02:39 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I saw Red Carpet ready (which is a paper workout), Action Hero Babe (dvd) and Bikini Body Expres (BBX), but what the heck is the IWBBMWB (or whatever it is, lol) one. I am DYING of curiosity here!)

Looks like Red Carpet Ready comes with the movie star fitness dvd. I really am not much into the "movie star trainer" schtick and the "you can look like Gwenyth!" kind of thing, but I can overlook it for a good workout!

Some reviews complain that AHB is too easy, but I generally go easier in the heat of summer so that's not really a turn-off to me...
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 02:44 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Susan I had Action Hero Babe--I received it in a trade. It was not for me. It came with a binder and some dvds--not the best production quality but not the worst either. It was circuit style stuff in a home gym--no choroeography and TOUGH.

I did trade it away.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 03:09 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I saw Red Carpet ready (which is a paper workout), Action Hero Babe (dvd) and Bikini Body Expres (BBX), but what the heck is the IWBBMWB (or whatever it is, lol) one. I am DYING of curiosity here!)
I believe that's "I Want My Bikini Body"....it's a paper workout. It's quite good, I like it better than RCR. Same basic premises but some different exercises. What do you want to know? I'm at work but I can find the binder when I get home.

I adore AHB....one of my best trades from last year (might have even been Jackie that I traded with)!
Old 05-14-12, 01:34 PM  
kd4boston

"I want a bikini body" was a paper system (I think 3 versions were released) but I don't think you are able to purchase them any more. I have RCR, AHB and one of the IWBB and the Bikini body express workouts...I really like the workouts and her style though I do wish she had more dvds, sometimes I have a hard time motivating myself to do a paper workout. I have lost weight and gained strength with her workouts (she has a lot of sneaky moves). I hate the names of the programs but the contents aren't heavily movie star based, it's more her philosophy about feeling confident and fit for the "events" in your life.
kd4boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 04:50 PM  
serenity130

I love Valerie Waters' programs - I agree that there a lot of sneaky moves that really get you. She also has two other DVDs (not systems) that use the Valslides - Valslide Essentials and Amazing Abs.

I have done Red Carpet Ready and really saw some good results with losing weight and inches (along with eating well of course) and definitely gained strength improvements - especially in the core. I always have trouble with core strength and exercises and I really saw that I could do more after completing Red Carpet Ready. Bicycle crunches used to be really hard (still are) but now I can do more reps of them than I could before.

I still have Action Hero Babe and Bikini Body Express on my list to do this year. I think Bikini Body Express was supposed to be more challenging (can't really recall why) but I find with all of her workouts, you can make them easier or harder by adding more weight.

I didn't used to like paper-based workouts but now I don't mind them. I agree it can be hard to stay motivated but I just put on really great music and it helps the time fly by.
serenity130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 05:30 PM  
cherimac

Hi Susan! Another thought is to send a pm to Fuzzie. I remember her taking a break from barre several years ago to do a Red Carpet Ready rotation. I've sent her pms about things before and she's very helpful and willing to answer questions.

Tags
action hero babe, red carpet ready, valerie waters