Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-22, 01:26 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
My preference is 30-45 minutes and I really like to mix and match.

When I have time, I also like to do multiple workouts, I think an ideal day for me would be to do a 30 min workout in the morning, a 20 min walk or something in the afternoon and a 20 min stretch/yoga in the evening.

Donna
Me too. Ideally, this would be perfect. Since I work breaking up the workouts just makes me feel better throughout the day. I just can't seem to always make this happen.
Old 06-30-22, 01:27 PM  
TracyQ

My preference is and has always been 60-minutes but on Monday and Wednesday I work early so am grateful for 30-45 minute workouts.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 01:48 PM  
donnamp

Mary - I recently changed jobs (within the same organization) and I hope that my work-life balance is going to enable me to do this! My last job was a literal tied to the chair from the moment the day started until well after hours - I'm hopeful now I'll be able to take a lunch break and get 20 min of movement in and then get off a decent time at night for another 20 min movement session!

Fingers crossed.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 02:52 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Mary - I recently changed jobs (within the same organization) and I hope that my work-life balance is going to enable me to do this! My last job was a literal tied to the chair from the moment the day started until well after hours - I'm hopeful now I'll be able to take a lunch break and get 20 min of movement in and then get off a decent time at night for another 20 min movement session!

Fingers crossed.

Donna
Donna, Those are good goals and I am glad this new position allows you to move more. It makes a world of difference. My goal is to walk at lunch and I somehow just don't get it done as often as I want. My son runs 6 miles every day at his lunch. He says it drives his co-workers crazy as he does not make any exceptions. They know better than to stop him as he is walking out the door. His theory is that they wish they had his discipline just to do it. I do try to make excuses to run up and down the stairs through out the day. I will do better with my lunch time. I feel so much better. Keep it up!!
Old 06-30-22, 02:55 PM  
donnamp

Hi Mary -

Do you want to try an accountability check in for this?

July is going to be a crazy month for me - I work from home and I'm having my bathrooms remodeled. They already did one for me in May and I'm having another done in July so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to stick to the lunch time walk/movement session with contractors around - but in August do you want to commit to giving it a go? My "goal" will be to do at least 3 lunch time movement sessions a week for 10-20 min. I am thinking outdoor walks weather permitting (which may not be until September) or indoor stuff like Gina B's 20 min dance/walks or Burpee Girl Short Workouts or a Leslie mile or something like that.

Take care,

Donna
Old 07-01-22, 07:50 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Hi Mary -

Do you want to try an accountability check in for this?

July is going to be a crazy month for me - I work from home and I'm having my bathrooms remodeled. They already did one for me in May and I'm having another done in July so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to stick to the lunch time walk/movement session with contractors around - but in August do you want to commit to giving it a go? My "goal" will be to do at least 3 lunch time movement sessions a week for 10-20 min. I am thinking outdoor walks weather permitting (which may not be until September) or indoor stuff like Gina B's 20 min dance/walks or Burpee Girl Short Workouts or a Leslie mile or something like that.

Take care,

Donna
Yes, I would be happy to do this. Let me know if you want to start July or August. I am not in any checkin's here but if you are I can join that check in or how ever you want to do it. I am not counting today since I took the day off from work.

Mary
Old 07-01-22, 09:46 AM  
fatkat555

In the past I’d be fine with an hour or more single workout, but today I’m piecing 30 minute workouts with 30 minute yoga. Yes, still an hour or more, but I really want more stretching/yoga so it’s working now.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 03:27 PM  
donnamp

Hi Mary -

August would probably be best for me since I'm not sure how much chaos I'll be experiencing w/ my remodel in July!

Maybe we can do a "spark" challenge starting in August?

Donna
Old 07-01-22, 06:23 PM  
danac99

30-60 minutes for me, depending on my mood. I usually combine two shorter workouts.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 10:31 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Hi Mary -

August would probably be best for me since I'm not sure how much chaos I'll be experiencing w/ my remodel in July!

Maybe we can do a "spark" challenge starting in August?

Donna
Sounds good. Reach out when you are ready!

Tags
duration and frequency, multiple workouts per day, workout length