Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-07-22, 08:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

47 minute outdoor walk

I had to mail something so decided to walk to the p.o. and back. I went to bed late last night finishing a book and then my rude neighbor (not the nice one who removes the snow for me, the other Rudes) had a guy leaf blowing his yard right outside my bedroom window at 7:24 AM. Not outrageously early but early for me since I went to bed after 2 AM. I think there are noise ordinances too but just simple common courtesy should have you not using loud equipment outdoors before 8 or 9 AM. All that to say I am dragging this morning but I hope I rally in a bit after some more coffee.

CAMBET, great job with CE and your step total! The CE workouts sound like effective workouts. I'm just not disciplined enough for a rotation but are any of the workouts around 30 minutes? I did go upstairs and dig out my KCM's awhile back. They fit my time frame. Now I just need to do them! LOL. I never could click with Jessica's workouts even though I do try. I am even tempted to get a couple of her new ones. I too believe masks are effective but none were to be found at the shower or in the restaurant. Of course it's not practical when you're eating but I'm glad it works so well at your work meetings.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 08:24 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CE Burn 3. It works the shoulders A LOT . Tough but good workout. This was my last Burn w/o of the set, so the next time I do weights I'll start back over with Burn 1. I've not really gone very heavy on the weights yet (I've tended to use what the modifier is using, 3-8 lbs), but I'll start to up my poundage moving forward. I know that I won't be able to handle the same weight as Chalene, but I'm curious to see how high I can go with good form.

I also did part of CH Elite: Wild Horse throughout the day to help make my hourly step goals, and Mile 2 of JS's 4 Mile Power Walk last night. The moves in that one are worse than Mile 1. Repetitive and boring, so most of the time I just did freestyle dancing since I was listening to my own music anyway. Made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Last evening I got together with 2 of the Italy crew. One of them had led a student trip to Copenhagen for 10 days and got back over the weekend, so we got together to hear all about the trip, since she was so busy while they were traveling that she didn't get to text us too often. We each spent time talking about what's been happening in our lives over the last 10 days. It was actually quite nice to spend time together and catch up. One of them is going to a quilting workshop in Maine at the end of July, and she invited us to join her there after it's over and travel, maybe around New England or up to Canada. I don't have any summer travel plans (I was just going to stay here and try to get my house, office, and life in order), so I think I'm going to join her/them. I think this will give me something exciting to look forward to since I've been feeling a little down and uninspired.

SB - Great job with your outside walk! Sorry that your rude neighbor woke you up so early! I really don't understand people who thoughtlessly use loud equipment so early in the morning. I've had a few times where I've gone to bed exhausted on a Friday night, only to be woken up Saturday morning by my neighbor leaf blowing or using some other loud power tool before 9:00 am. To his credit, he will usually wait until after 8:00 am, but still. The CE workouts are basically a 3-day split. The Burn Phase workouts range from 33-45 minutes. They are tough but so far, so good. Have a great day!
Old 06-09-22, 07:39 AM  
cambet

Good Morning

Yesterday I did CE Burn it Off, which is a 28 min w/o of athletic cardio/anaerobic drills. I did a lot of the low impact modifications because I'm not a fan of prolonged high impact and I didn't want to overdo it. I followed that up with Jessica's 10 Min Dance Walk. The workout "Recharge" (a 20 min yoga/stretching focused w/o) was also scheduled for yesterday but I forgot to do it later in the day as I had planned. I did do JS's 15-min Belly Blaster walk from 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts a little after I got home from work. I could have easily made it to 10,000 steps for the day (as I had planned to), but I somehow fell asleep on the couch with 9,861 steps and when I woke up it was after midnight. Oh well.

Hi, SB!
Old 06-09-22, 09:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

34 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
Push-ups and plank

I am hoping to get out there soon for another walk. On a WTH note, I was eating a cracker with peanut butter earlier this morning and my tooth cracked!! It's always something.

CAMBET, you're doing a great job with your workouts!! Very impressive. I don't favor split strength routines because I never know when I'll get to the other body parts.
I'm not a disciplined rotation follower.
LOL. Oh the trip to New England and Canada sounds fun. My DD and I have been talking for months about a trip to Canada this summer but haven't made any plans yet.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-10-22, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

43 minute outdoor walk

I saw the dentist yesterday and he pulled the broken piece off my tooth and put a temporary crown on. But after x-raying it he determined I need a root canal before he can put the permanent crown on. So there's that.

I'm going to lunch with my sister for my birthday and my friend is taking me to a music show tonight. Then I'm celebrating with my kids tomorrow so I better get some walking in at some point. LOL.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-11-22, 08:29 AM  
cambet

Good Morning ,

Well, I've gotten a little off track with CE for the last two days. Thursday evening, as I was just getting ready to put on my workout clothes, a former next-door neighbor of mine, who moved to FL last August and rented their house out to friends, called to say that she was in town, happened to be next door, and asked if I would come over to visit. I told her I'd stop by for a few minutes, but after I got there she called one of our other neighbors and we ended up standing out there talking for almost two hours. It was hot outside and for a little bit of the time we were in direct sunlight. When I got back in the house I felt drained and exhausted. I think that it was from being in the heat/sun for so long. I ate dinner and almost immediately fell asleep. I kept trying to motivate myself to workout, but I just felt so low-energy that it didn't happen.

Yesterday morning I had to get up and do some work, and then wash and style my hair because I had a lunch meeting with friends. I ended up being gone most of the day (with errands), and when I got home I felt exhausted and did not feel like doing heavy weight lifting (I actually ended up taking a nap for a little while). I did manage to get up later and do CH: Bring the Heat and half of Wild Goose Chase. I made it to over 11,800 steps for the day.

I'm going to get in my CE workout this morning. I might double up and do two, since I feel behind with the rotation. We'll see.

SB - HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a day late)!!!! I hope that you had a great day celebrating with your sister and friend at the music show, and that you have fun today celebrating with your kids. Great job with your outdoor walks! I'm sorry to hear about your tooth cracking. It seems like, yeah, there is always something. At least you were able to get in to see the dentist quickly, though, apparently, you'll have to have a root canal. Hope you have a great day in spite of the tooth situation!
Old 06-11-22, 10:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

LWR - 2 of her belly blasting workouts

That's Lucy Wyndham Read on youtube.
All of her workouts have similar titles so I'm not sure which 2 I did but they were good standing cardio core type of workouts.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. My kids are taking me out to a surprise location this afternoon

CAMBET, it's ok to miss a day here and there, especially if you're feeling low energy. Nice job hitting your step goal.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
It was a really fun day and picture perfect weather too. After lunch my sister and I spent a few hours in the beautiful park.
Then the show at night was outdoors so it worked out well. And thankfully the tooth didn't interfere with my festivities.
LOL

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-12-22, 08:38 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CE Burn 1. I up'ed the weights where I safely felt that I could. For exercises where I previously used 5 lbs (like upper back), I used 6 instead (with a 5 lb and 1 lb weight; I tried 7 but found that I couldn't maintain good form with the slow pace) and where I previously used 8s with chest and legs I up'ed it to 10s. It was slow and controlled, so I was able to do it.

I foolishly thought that I would try to double up and add Burn 2, but after the first exercise, I realized that my body just wasn't having it. The compound moves and heavy weights really work you out and even though I would have been working different upper-body parts than from Burn 1, I found that my muscles were too fried to try to do another full workout.

I did tack on cardio. I did Jessica's 30 Min High Energy Walk from Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness, & Energy. It's one of her earlier walking workouts and I had not done it in a looong time. Other than it being a bit repetitive, I actually really enjoyed it. It has some different moves than what she typically does these days. I also did CH: Country Swing throughout the day to help make my hourly step goals. I made it to over 12,500 steps for the day.

Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I think that I'm going to do some low-impact, lite cardio, just to get in some movement.

SB - Great job with the LWR workouts! I had not heard of her, but I checked her out after reading your post. I might give her a try since I think that I need more ab work. It's sounds like you had a lovely birthday; I'm glad for you. The time in the beautiful park sounds nice, so glad you had perfect weather, and it must have been a relief that the music show was outside (and that the tooth was a non-issue!). Have a great day!
Old 06-12-22, 09:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

51 minute outdoor

After our outing yesterday, DS and I took a lovely evening walk. If he wasn't there I know I wouldn't have gone so it was nice to have someone there to motivate me. Today is a gray and possibly rainy day so I'll look for some indoor exercise hopefully.

CAMBET, great job with upping your weights. That's very motivating to see when you're making progress. I can understand doing 2 in a row pushing it though. They really do sound like the type of weight workouts I enjoy. Great job with your steps too.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 06-13-22, 07:19 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did JS's Latin Dance Walk from the Walk On Dance Walk DVD. It had been a while since I had done that one, and it was not as laid back as I remembered or was hoping for. There were a few places with some impact, which I did. I also did about half of CH Elite: Rope & Ride to help make my hourly step goals. My biggest activity of the day, though, was I spent about 2 1/2 hours cleaning - sweeping, swiffering, and then mopping my floors and vacuuming the rugs. It had been a while. It took a lot out of me, but I love it when the floors smell/look so clean! I made it to over 12,400 steps for the day.

I'll get back to CE later today.

SB - I'm glad that you got to enjoy a lovely outdoor walk with your son. I had intended to reach out to one of the Italy crew to see if she wanted to take an evening walk because it is so motivating to walk with someone else, but then I spent all that time cleaning the floors. I'm not usually a fan of 3-day splits, but I guess that in this case they are necessary since the heavier weights really fry the muscles. Hope you have a great day!