Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-19, 04:29 PM  
Donna D

Being thankful at the Fitness Cafe - November 2019

We're all thankful for so many things this time of year! Hard to believe that we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving in a few weeks.

Besides being thankful it is a busy time of the year. Preparing for the holidays can be a lot of work.

Join us when you can, if only for a few minutes. We've got plenty of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Grab a seat by the fireplace and enjoy a few minutes of relaxation.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 05:03 PM  
sbh

Hi Everyone!! Thank you Donna for starting the November thread. I am so thankful for fall. Love colder weather. Here is my past week:

daily 3 mile dog walk
S-disc golf
M-rest
T-JS Back Friendly Total Body Strength
W-Intense Ballet Body Workout Dansique Fitness
T-disc golf
F-rest
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 05:33 PM  
cecififi

Hi Everyone,

I am so thankful for this forum and for Cathe's forum. Both places keep me motivated and inspired to exercise and enjoy it!

I am also thankful (fitness wise) for re-finding Millionaire Hoy and his new streaming site. I've been doing one of his advanced programs this week and it's getting me back doing long 1 hour workouts again and loving it. Something I haven't done in over 2 years - kinda got into a rut there for a while, working out for only 30 minutes during the week. I love feeling inspired.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 05:30 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Thanks Donna D for starting the new thread!

We got a Vizsla puppy 2 weeks ago and my life has been turned outside down! From work, to arranging puppy daycare, then to deciding on creating a puppy safe room in our house I have been super busy! I was not happy with the daycare so we put together an exercise pen off our kitchen area that attaches to her kennel. That way she can visit with our older dog who mostly lounges in the kitchen area these days, but she will be safe in the house.

I hope to get back to my Joyce rotation next week.

Chrys, I hope they can find out what's been making you so sick.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 07:21 PM  
Donna D

You're welcome for starting the thread.

I hope that all of you who have been having health problems will feel better soon, my prayers are with you.

It's been a tough few months - nothing major, just several minor issues which all add up. I definitely fell off the exercising wagon.

I celebrated a birthday on October 13th. Had a nice time with family. I'm thankful for having family close by.

Today I did Winsor Pilates Buns and Thighs. A nice start to getting back to exercising. Even if I do 10 minutes a day it will be good for the body and the mind!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 06:51 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Over the past few days I have done Joyce Vedral Fat Burning upper and lower. I have to keep reminding myself I don't need to try to lift heavy with these! Plain and simple gym style workouts but I think that's what I need right now.

Donna D, Winsor Buns and Thighs is a great way to get back to exercising!

~Beth
Old 11-08-19, 02:56 PM  
sbh

Happy end of the week. I did something everyday this week. It is such a struggle to keep motivated.

daily 3 mile dog walk
S-KCM Body Shop #2
M-disc golf while walking the dog
T-JS Full Body Stretch
W-KCM Body Shop #1
T-disc golf no dog
F-Cathe Ice Boot Camp Circuit - cardio modified

Beth - I have been watching the Joyce Vedral thread. I should check out some clips of her workouts.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 10:42 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been through a bunch more tests, and we know it isn't sleep apnea, my thyroid, vit D, and my bloodwork came back good this time. The Drs theory is that I have a long term virus similar to mono. He says it should go away. If it doesn't, we wait for other symptoms to know what direction to go. I had a few energetic times yesterday, and was totally wiped out last night.

Beth, I'm so glad you got a puppy! They are so much fun!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:47 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

We are getting ready for another pre-winter storm so I spent the weekend raking leaves and trimming bushes. I'm so thankful to get it all done as the wind is already starting to pick up.

Oh Chrys, it's probably from constant exposure to all the sick kids. I'm thinking of you and hope you get improvement very soon.

~Beth
Old 11-16-19, 08:55 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked 4 miles on the treadmill today - then took a 2 hour nap to recover. I have most of my energy back during the day, so that's a big improvement. I have to go to the dentist Monday because something has eaten a hole through my gum at the base of a tooth. I also have a big sore on my tongue that won't heal. Last week was the end of a term, so next week will be extra crazy.
Beth, I hope the storm isn't too bad.
Sherri, great workout week!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote