Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-16, 06:29 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I know that Renee was there too--I saw her photos on FB, and they looked awesome!

Anyone know if Kelly plans to repeat this? The sad thing is that Kelly's gym is actually in my hometown, and I've never been there! To clarify, I no longer live there, and family trips home are always such a whirlwind that it's hard...but I'd love to try to plan to go some time in the future.
Not sure - she didn't say never... I think she may be mulling it over in her mind. We will see. Wish you could have been there!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 07:48 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
That's awesome! You got a TWOfer! (Saw you in the class; you're ADORABLE! And so pretty! And, guuuurl, if you think your hair was frizzy at that point, you should see ME in the middle of a heavy workout -- it looks like I'm wearing a CROWN of frizz. )

Thanks so much for all the in-depth recapping! Sounds like you had such an amazing experience! Yeah, I'm SUCH an introvert, and I just don't think I would have had the courage to go. But, at least I get to live vicariously through you lovelies. And, I'm so glad it turned out so wonderfully for you, Stephanie!
Aw, geez, thanks that is really nice of you. I am definitely an introvert as well, so it did take me a bit to decide to go. I have to say, though, everyone was just so completely nice and it was great just to sit around and talk with people about fitness DVDs, our favorite instructors, moves, etc.
Old 04-27-16, 07:51 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Not sure - she didn't say never... I think she may be mulling it over in her mind. We will see. Wish you could have been there!
That was the feeling I got too Nancy. I think she didn't think so at first, but then after the weekend she was considering it.

Excellent recap, thanks for posting - some things I had forgotten. The Diane Myles class was really good, though I would definitely want a more solid chair (I really thought I was just going to tip right over a couple of times). It does make me curious about her DVD - I liked her alot as an instructor.
Old 04-27-16, 08:29 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Madeline Dolente is Kelly's niece? It seems like she might be too old? I can remember getting her dvd but I can't remember how long ago that was.

Are you three the ones that are introduced by Cathe in the clip? Very nice.
Old 04-27-16, 11:18 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
<snip>
Speaking of Cathe Live... Stephanie, myself and FitFairy went to Cathe's live class. You can see each of us on the preview clip around the -1:00 mark. We had a blast. As I've said before, if you're that close, why not go see Cathe or Kelly when you are there?
Thanks for posting your thoughts, Gibbee. It sounds like you all had a blast!

I'm not sure who's who in the clip, but everyone looks great! (I haven't actually done that workout yet - probably won't for a few days.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 12:10 PM  
Daphne M

Thanks for the description - it sounds like Kelly pulled together a great bunch of classes for everyone. I love her workouts! Can't wait to see our very own VFers in the new DVDs. I'd have loved to participate but knew the timing wasn't going to work out for me at all. Maybe if she does another one.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 01:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Gibbee, thank you for your recap too. It does make me want to go to the next one.
Old 04-27-16, 09:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Thank you Stephanie and Gibbee! Kelly (and Cathe) are favorite instructors of mine. I really appreciate your feedback on the convention. These are two instructors I would love to meet, but it wasn't doable for me this time around, either.

Glad you all had such a wonderful experience! And, to meet up with other VFers would be awesome, too!

Love seeing the photos on FB!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 10:10 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Madeline Dolente is Kelly's niece? It seems like she might be too old? I can remember getting her dvd but I can't remember how long ago that was.

Are you three the ones that are introduced by Cathe in the clip? Very nice.
Kelly is from a big Italian family with several older siblings and a few younger. I don't remember Madeline's age but I think late 30's, maybe 40, but not much older than that I don't think. She is a rep for Reebok.

Yes, that's Catherine/FitFairy, then Stephanie, then me (in the Cathlete shirt).

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-16, 10:34 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
<snip for comment>

Yes, that's Catherine/FitFairy, then Stephanie, then me (in the Cathlete shirt).
Ahh! I finally saw you. You all look great! That does not look like an easy workout, so I'm doubly impressed. I have to figure out how to fit it in soon - I love band work and firewalkers!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer