Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-15, 10:53 AM  
dnna

I am not putting down anyone's use of the extreme workouts, gosh, I wish I could do them. yes, they are selling, and then people ( like me) who fell for the infomercial which is marketed to Sell to everyone, and seductive and promises amazing results, -well those people (like me) are failures. or worse injured. and defeated.
I totally admire and envy and wish I could do those sets. at 65, nope, cannot.
The reason I replied is I am remembering a 60 year old woman in CLX infomercial, and I googled her and she is a personal trainer that is -super qualified- for any workout.
I am just a grandma you would see at the grocery store. but still trying, just not extreme.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 11:01 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I agree with Kelly, but no doubt in my mind, if a workout had "barbaric" in the title it would sell like hotcakes.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 11:07 AM  
upperwside

I like "barbaric" like workouts at times.. fun for a kick it up and see what I got challenge. But not for long term training. I think it's nutty to do a full rotation of a program like Insanity. I have never had a sports related injury.. but after 2 weeks of Insanity .. my knees hurt. All in good balance and do what's right for your body. I am 42 and still feel I can do anything I was doing in my 20's.. but I do it smart... and do it to feel good..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 11:40 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think people watch a show like The Biggest Loser where they work the contestants really hard, and the public thinks they have to do the same thing in order to lose weight. Then one of these infomercials comes on and they think that it's worth a try and they order it.
Old 02-11-15, 12:11 PM  
mrsyancy

I guess I kind of agree with her to a degree. I think it's obvious who she's talking about/targeting in her statement. While I agree that their marketing tactics are not the best, they have put out some good programs. And at least they provide modifiers in most of their workouts. They are not for everyone and everyone should not do them. The other issue I take issue with is that she said in that comment on FB that they are using "her" thirty minute format. WHAT? When did the thirty minute format become hers. It's a trend that people are wanting shorter workouts, so that's what's being produced. I just think that to throw rocks at others is wrong, no matter who you are. I like Kelly and have most of her workouts, but I was left with a sour taste in my mouth with this.

And yes, I do understand that she was targeting their marketing, mostly, but the tone of that post just seemed wrong to me. It's her opinion and she's entitled to it, but it could have been done better than that. Anyway this is just my opinion
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 12:23 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
I guess I kind of agree with her to a degree. I think it's obvious who she's talking about/targeting in her statement. While I agree that their marketing tactics are not the best, they have put out some good programs. And at least they provide modifiers in most of their workouts. They are not for everyone and everyone should not do them. The other issue I take issue with is that she said in that comment on FB that they are using "her" thirty minute format. WHAT? When did the thirty minute format become hers. It's a trend that people are wanting shorter workouts, so that's what's being produced. I just think that to throw rocks at others is wrong, no matter who you are. I like Kelly and have most of her workouts, but I was left with a sour taste in my mouth with this.

And yes, I do understand that she was targeting their marketing, mostly, but the tone of that post just seemed wrong to me. It's her opinion and she's entitled to it, but it could have been done better than that. Anyway this is just my opinion
The extreme workouts aren't for me and I applauded Kelly for saying it, but I also thought she was opening up a potential can of worms. Always risky to throw rocks.
Old 02-11-15, 12:26 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I agree with Kelly, but no doubt in my mind, if a workout had "barbaric" in the title it would sell like hotcakes.
Extreme Barbaric Insanity to the Max.

Presale starts shortly.
Old 02-11-15, 12:38 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post

I totally agree with this!!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 01:04 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Extreme Barbaric Insanity to the Max.

Presale starts shortly.
If it comes with a tape measure, I'm in!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 01:18 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I think people watch a show like The Biggest Loser where they work the contestants really hard, and the public thinks they have to do the same thing in order to lose weight. Then one of these infomercials comes on and they think that it's worth a try and they order it.
I was thinking the same thing--the Biggest Loser Effect. That show made exercise look like torture and really reinforced the idea that you have to practically kill yourself to get fit, which is not true at all.

It just seems we have completely lost the concept of moderation--everything is done to extremes.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme workouts, kcm, kelly coffey meyer