Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-14, 07:38 PM  
kariev34

Another new KCM in the works!

Kelly has been posting on FB about doing a Kettlebell slim sculpting workout. Of course everyone wants to know if this will be on DVD. Here is what she posted.

"Just finished Kettlebell Slimsculpting and I TOTALLY love it...
guess you guys can tell where this is going..."

And then this......

"There will also be a modifier using a db. This whole workout is done in a very controlled fashion, very form focused. I am not a believer in a lot of movement with a Kettlebell as it seems contrary to the logic behind. I do the entire thing with one 15 lb Kettlebell and it's perfect for me."

I'm very excited about this! I just KCM! She is by far my favorite instructor!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 07:52 PM  
margaux

Count me in!!!
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 07:55 PM  
Eibhinn

Her description sounds a little strange to me. Not that explosive ballistic moves are out-of-control, but I wouldn't exactly call them "controlled" either (form-focused, yes). I really like KCM, though, and am curious to hear/see more. I'm hoping what she's saying is that it's a more traditional kettlebell workout - I don't enjoy the hyper-fast lightweight kettlebell workouts that are increasingly crowding the market.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 10:26 PM  
dela

I'm super curious to hear more and see some clips. I have lots of more traditional workouts by Mark DeGrasse and AOS, and then the Kickboxing KB sets (both of them) and everything from Joey Alvarado. I'm very curious to see how Kelly approaches the bells.

And in case she is reading, please no all white backdrops! I'm hoping that's not becoming a "thing" because it stinks.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 11:03 PM  
Tiny

How exciting! This may be her fall/winter release along with a couple of others......maybe......hopefully.

Thanks so much for sharing her Facebook updates!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 11:17 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I love KCM, she is a great instructor, and she always put a smile on my face while she is kicking my butt! I love her personality and the creativity of her wos and I love kettlebells! So, it'd be great to have two 30 minute to fitness Kettlebell wos! That being said, I just hope she will not jump on the kettlebell trend with no proper kettlebell form as other good trainers have done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Her description sounds a little strange to me. Not that explosive ballistic moves are out-of-control, but I wouldn't exactly call them "controlled" either (form-focused, yes). I really like KCM, though, and am curious to hear/see more. I'm hoping what she's saying is that it's a more traditional kettlebell workout - I don't enjoy the hyper-fast lightweight kettlebell workouts that are increasingly crowding the market.
I thought about the same!

ETA:

Kelly... If you're reading this thread, I also would love a 30 Minute to Fitness "Rebounding Box" or "Rebounding Weights" workout please!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 05:19 AM  
pollytc

Kelly is truly the best! I always feel like I'm working out with a good friend with her. I'm excited about the kettlebell workout! Though I know and appreciate Kelly for not wanting to use a ton of equipment, I am still hopeful for a heavy bag workout from her someday.....even if it's one person not using a bag and another using the bag. That's my dream workout. <3
Old 05-07-14, 05:21 AM  
bubbles76

And here I thought I was safe! I actually like the kettlebell style workouts, so I'm glad this has a modifier with a dumbbell. I really like Atletica and Paul Katami's Burn and Build, so I'm looking forward to this. I also want her last two. Le sigh! This wise/slow buying sure isn't easy . At least if they come out in the fall/winter I can save up for Christmas.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 08:58 AM  
Irisg1

I'd be a little cautious about jumping into kettlebells with Kelly myself. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but just from experience, anytime I've tried to do a kettlebell workout using slow moves, I've ended up injured.
Old 05-07-14, 02:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
I'd be a little cautious about jumping into kettlebells with Kelly myself. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but just from experience, anytime I've tried to do a kettlebell workout using slow moves, I've ended up injured.
She doesn't say "slow", she says "controlled". To me it sounds like she wants to stay true to traditional kettlebell work, but we'll see!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30 mtf, 30 mtf kettlebells, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer