Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-13, 02:28 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

I've only done the first day of workouts, so this is hardly a full review. However, it looks to me like Met-Rx is kind of a P90X Lite, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, the accompanying materials are so full of editorial problems (they sorely need a copy editor) that it's distracting. Of more concern is the fact that the calendars in the fitness guide don't really make sense. They've divided the series into 30-day segments, which could make sense, except that you switch phases in the middle of a week, which really makes no sense in terms of the workouts that you'll actually be doing. You'll have to figure out your own rotation, which is ok, but not if you weren't really planning to do so. P90X has it all over this system as a system, but the workouts seem fine so far. And for those of us who are intimidated by pull-ups, it's a good place to start.
Old 11-03-13, 02:48 PM  
Irisg1

I am doing 4 weeks per phase. I Agree 30 days per phase doesn't make sense. I also don't like the way the workouts are scheduled in the calendar. I re-worked the rotation to suit me, with cardio workouts in between strength. There is entirely too much strength work back to back in the rotation as written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie F. View Post
I've only done the first day of workouts, so this is hardly a full review. However, it looks to me like Met-Rx is kind of a P90X Lite, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, the accompanying materials are so full of editorial problems (they sorely need a copy editor) that it's distracting. Of more concern is the fact that the calendars in the fitness guide don't really make sense. They've divided the series into 30-day segments, which could make sense, except that you switch phases in the middle of a week, which really makes no sense in terms of the workouts that you'll actually be doing. You'll have to figure out your own rotation, which is ok, but not if you weren't really planning to do so. P90X has it all over this system as a system, but the workouts seem fine so far. And for those of us who are intimidated by pull-ups, it's a good place to start.
Old 11-03-13, 03:36 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Hee hee...I thought that way about Supreme 90.
Me too! Something about S90 that I could not stand.

But I like the first workout I did from this set, now that I'm back from vacation, I'm going to start rotating the strength with my own cardio. I agree the breaks between sets is unnecessary, so I will be fast forwarding through the breaks.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 08:58 AM  
Cher

Question

Okay, late to the party here. Has anyone ordered this lately with the price listed as $25? Just wondering now that I missed the cheap price, is it still worth it for $27????
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 09:09 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Okay, late to the party here. Has anyone ordered this lately with the price listed as $25? Just wondering now that I missed the cheap price, is it still worth it for $27????
I haven't received mine yet, so I don't know if the set is worth $27 (but I hope so!).

If you decide to buy it, I used VEXTBDY code for 20% off about a week ago. It brought the base price down to $20 + S&H. I hope it still works! (Including S&H + taxes to Canada it was $28 - amazing I thought!).

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 06:56 PM  
BunnyHop

Has anyone received a duplicate or even triplicate set?

I refused a second set back a while ago, for whatever reason they sent out a second one without bothering to check the tracking of the first.

Now, all these weeks later, the mail carrier had a THIRD one. I refused it on sight as politely as I could, but I really don't get it.

Since when is written notification that a customer has received what they paid for and doesn't want more (and more) not enough to get a company's attention?

Yikes.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 07:16 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Are they also trying to charge you for these? If not, just take them and give them away.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 07:22 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

The same thing happened to me. I ordered in September and received it back then. But today I got another one. I looked at my cc statement, and they didn't charge me again. I wonder if they were so overwhelmed with orders and backorders, that they just goofed it all up?
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 07:30 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I still can't believe they ship to Canada, but not to Quebec!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 09:48 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Has anyone received a duplicate or even triplicate set?
Latest delivery makes it a triplicate.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, vitamin world