Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-12, 03:53 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, I share your feelings about YBB and Start Here. I think those two are a tough act to follow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-12, 04:18 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Pam, I share your feelings about YBB and Start Here. I think those two are a tough act to follow!
I have yet to try Plateau Buster or Cardio Quick Fix, but I did YBB twice this past week. Awesome workout....this one and Split Sessions are my favorite weight ones from KCM, Weights and MD are good but I liked these much better.

I think I will definitely like CQF, not sure on PB but I will give them a fair try!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-12, 05:59 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Pam I just did a yoga routine that previously I couldn't get out of the dvd player fast enough - knew I wasn't in the mood for it at the time - but now I think I know when it'll fit the bill for me. I've also done 3 KCM routines - start here (don't remember which) but it was ok/tolerable and one I could see myself doing. then someone had recommended 'weight's and I clicked with the upper body/cardio rest routine. just clicked! then s he suggested the kelly's fave on the 2nd page of premixes on that one(didn't even know about page 2!) and I liked that one a lot as well - need to review that yoga'ish floor move modified but otherwise time flew by(other than when I listened to her and got an 8 lb'er for one set before grabbing my 5 lb and calling her names!)

and I've had fave dvds that didn't click for a while I dunno I guess I'm fickly too! but that's why we have 1000's of dvds and exercise toys right?!
Old 09-18-12, 05:10 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbV View Post
I received the two new Kellys a few days ago and I've done the first workout from both.

Plateau buster was definitely a challenge (I'm an intermediate level) and had a lot of fun new moves that I felt the next day. I only have one minor complaint which is the repetition. I LOVE KCM - don't get me wrong - and I purchase every single DVD on pre-order. But I get bummed out when she repeats segments like she does on several of her DVDs. On Plateau Buster workout 1, she goes through a fairly long circuit alternating strength and cardio sections and just as I got excited thinking it was going to be new moves for the whole workout, she took everything from the top again. You only go through this twice, but I still get bored, and feel like I don't give as much energy to each move, knowing I'm giong to have to do it again. I may be crazy, but I am willing to go all out on something tough like the the squat jump/jumping jack series, but not if I know I have to do it again. I would really prefer new moves through an entire workout.

What do you all think? Do you like repetition so you can just focus on perfecting your form and not worry about learning lots of moves or do you prefer a lot of variety to keep the workout interesting?

-Barbara
I hate the new move toward repetition that EVERYbody is doing. But in KCM's case, she always offers a premix of the two workouts so you have a no-repeat option. Of course, it does mean we're getting half the moves we could be but...

Donna H
Old 09-18-12, 06:44 PM  
juberann

With so many that dislike Kelly's TIFTing, I am one who actually likes the repeating not sure why but it doesn't bother me at all, it kinda motivates me because I always try doing better the next time around plus I like knowing what to expect. I know I am pretty alone in this opinion but I personally hope Kelly never changes her style
Old 09-18-12, 07:41 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
With so many that dislike Kelly's TIFTing, I am one who actually likes the repeating not sure why but it doesn't bother me at all, it kinda motivates me because I always try doing better the next time around plus I like knowing what to expect. I know I am pretty alone in this opinion but I personally hope Kelly never changes her style
I like it too, as you say, it gives me a chance to try again.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 08:25 AM  
anniew1964

I normally don't post, but I just have to tell you all I just did the Plateau Buster Premix for workouts 1 and 2 (45 min) and totally killed this workout!! I loved it feel totally awesome. This is my first time doing a KCM workout and can't wait to do another. I also just purchased Cardio Quick Fix, TLC, Circuit Burn and Your Best Body.
anniew1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 12:24 PM  
sherry7899

Annie, I"m so glad you posted! Enjoy the new KCM workouts that you purchased. Kelly has a forum at her website, and she is great about answering questions:

http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 12:34 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I bought this during the presale, but I haven't done it yet. I don't do many workouts that combine cardio & strength, mainly because I feel I don't get enough of either cardio or strength, & I end up never doing them. I am more advanced cardio-wise than strength-wise, & it seems I can never lift heavy enough weights doing compound moves to feel anything. Any suggestions? Don't laugh, but has anyone done the 2 workouts + the bonus, too?

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-12, 11:07 AM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I tried workout one of Plateau Blaster today. I didn't go heavy with the weights first time because I'm a bit under the weather today (DH keeps trying to give me his cold!) I didn't want to work too hard with such low energy, but I think when I feel better I will probably like this workout more. It is a bit repetitive but I sort of like knowing what's coming, so I can perfect the moves, etc. Honestly though, I didn't immediately love this or Cardio Quick Fix. Feeling a bit neutral with these, but feelings could change when I know I'm well enough to really give it my all. Plus, I haven't tried premixes or workout two yet, so may be judging too early.

Pam
I felt the same way after doing workout #1 yesterday. I thought it was a bit too easy.. This is probably not a fair comparison, but today I did Cathe's To The Max and thought "ok, now that was challenging!" Usually I feel pretty well challenged with Kelly so not sure what is going on. I am hoping I will feel the love when I try some of the premixes and workout #2. I felt the same way with Kelly's new cardio workout as well. I love Kelly but I need the workout to provide a bit more challenge. Maybe I need to increase my weights.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, plateau buster