Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-12, 09:26 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I've done this workout twice.

First time the 45 minute combined workout.

The 2nd time, I did both workouts with the bonus moves. I loved the bonus moves; especially the pommel horse and that weird one in workout 1 which is too hard to describe. I thought for people hating/dreading squat thrusts, Kelly's approach with dumbbells was great.

I think Kelly meant to go heavy - I used 12,15s for heavy and 6,8 for light.

I'm surprised to read how many people dislike this DVD.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 06:20 AM  
kariev34

Alright, I gave this one a go this morning. I did the premix with both workouts and I added in the bonus workout at the end. I went heavy with my weights (15's and 10's) and I even went faster during the cardio segments to get my HR up. I have to say, this workout was tough using heavier weights. In fact, I had to drop my 10s to 8s halfway through. I was totally sucking wind. For those that thought it was easy, my suggestion is to up the weights. I think this is the problem some people have with Tracie Long workouts (not lifting heavy enough). I think Kelly meant for this workout to be used with heavy weights (she says this multiple times throughout the workout). I'm happy I got this one. The time flew by and I just adore Kelly
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 12:08 PM  
CarlaShanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Alright, I gave this one a go this morning. I did the premix with both workouts and I added in the bonus workout at the end. I went heavy with my weights (15's and 10's) and I even went faster during the cardio segments to get my HR up. I have to say, this workout was tough using heavier weights. In fact, I had to drop my 10s to 8s halfway through. I was totally sucking wind. For those that thought it was easy, my suggestion is to up the weights. I think this is the problem some people have with Tracie Long workouts (not lifting heavy enough). I think Kelly meant for this workout to be used with heavy weights (she says this multiple times throughout the workout). I'm happy I got this one. The time flew by and I just adore Kelly
Precisely! I used 15s and 10s (well 5kg and 4kg, but near enough), and I had the same reaction. Love!!!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 12:50 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried workout 1 last night and have to say that I loved it! It didn't start well - after the warmup, and I'm beginning to feel the already, I grabbed my dumbbells and ZOWY OUCH my deltoid injury reminded me that I can't lift overhead yet.

I got really mad and stomped around cursing my arm, then remembered that even when having to resort to a light weight, with Kelly's style I can turn it into a cardio workout. I had to use Barbie hand weights but still got to enjoy the workout and the stretch segment. Looking forward to getting over this injury and playing around with workout 2 and premixes.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 02:59 PM  
juberann

I LOVE Plateau Buster!!!!!! I have (so far) done both of the main workouts and really couldn't pick a favorite. Heck, I havn't even gotten to the great premixes yet
Old 09-14-12, 04:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I tried workout one of Plateau Blaster today. I didn't go heavy with the weights first time because I'm a bit under the weather today (DH keeps trying to give me his cold!) I didn't want to work too hard with such low energy, but I think when I feel better I will probably like this workout more. It is a bit repetitive but I sort of like knowing what's coming, so I can perfect the moves, etc. Honestly though, I didn't immediately love this or Cardio Quick Fix. Feeling a bit neutral with these, but feelings could change when I know I'm well enough to really give it my all. Plus, I haven't tried premixes or workout two yet, so may be judging too early.

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-12, 05:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Today I did workout two from Plateau Buster. Ha ha, yesterday I said "Blaster." I'm not sure I care for the 2nd workout any better than the first, but again it may be my mood.

What I don't care for is the stopping to do cardio/weights or vica versa. It just doesn't seem to flow very well to me. Or, maybe that I'm not giving the workout my best effort with either. If it was either weight or cardio focus maybe the flow would be better.

I really like Start Here, and Your Best Body because there's ab work interspersed thoughout. There was very little ab work in PB, except for the shaking weights from side to side (2nd workout) and stirring the pot with weight (1st workout.) I guess I just wanted there to be more.

And, for those that said the workouts feel shorter in length, I agree. Might be ok, but I'm still feeling I need to add more to this workout to feel worked out (which is probably what I'll be doing anyway since still on Body Beast rotation.)

Pam

April Focus:
Old 09-15-12, 11:27 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks Pam - now I wish I'd ordered it - I want some with no ab work or very little ab work - and standing ab work! I also use Barbie weights..5s are challenging for me though I did let Kelly talk me into going heavier(grabbed 8s) in her Weights workout - needless tos ay Id id the one little set and went back to 5s. I'm still beginner with weights though -LOL probably cardio too!
Old 09-16-12, 02:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Susanna!

Well, I'll tell you how fickle I am. Today did both premixes from Start Here (cardio sculpting) and (aerobic cardio) and I love these even more, probably because I'm so familiar with them. These just make me happy!

Then, I added Cardio Quick Fix (workout one) and loved it, also! First time through and I wasn't so sure, but now it's going to be a winner for me! Lifts my mood and is a happy workout. It is a little repetitive, but it's so fun and the music in this one is great!

Ok, I'll have to give Plateau Buster another chance, also. I must be feeling better today, LOL!

Pam

April Focus:
Old 09-16-12, 02:32 PM  
pfhanna

What I don't care for is the stopping to do cardio/weights or vica versa. It just doesn't seem to flow very well to me. Or, maybe that I'm not giving the workout my best effort with either. If it was either weight or cardio focus maybe the flow would be better.

After reading everyone's thoughts on this dvd I tried it again and wish I liked it but don't. I love Kelly's other dvd's but this one doesn't flow well and it is one I can't wait to get rid of. Just my own thoughts!!
Thanks, Pam.

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, plateau buster