Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-09, 02:38 PM  
Ciddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
The tuck jumps aren't in the sneak preview workout. At this point, we have no idea which workout will have this move. I modify this move by holding my Pilates stick with one hand You still get a great workout, but with less impact.
That's a great idea. I'll have to try that. There are definitely moves I'll have to modify, but that works for me. I don't want to be able to do it all first time through. I want something to work up to and I think Insanity will definitely provide that. I'm really anxious to see what the remaining workouts will include, but at least with the sneak preview disk I know I won't be wasting my money on a series I won't like.
Ciddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 02:46 PM  
Ciddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Oh man! I keep hoping to see people saying how much they HATE this workout! LOL
I have STS Cardio preordered, but would sure like to get at least the preview disk. Hmm...TotalFitnessdvds has it.
I have STS preordered too, but I still think I'll be getting Insanity. I have been waiting for a series like this for a long, long time. I love intense but basic, athletic cardio and sometimes that is hard to find. I love Cathe's intensity, but I just cannot do her step. I've tried and it's just not my thing. That is why I adore Drill Max. Intense but basic. I wish I could tell you I hated Insanity, but I can't. It was great!

Also, for those who watched the clip of the guy doing the workout with the Victorian furniture. I also thought Shaun was incredibly loud and I wasn't sure if I could handle that much yelling and chatter, but honestly it didn't seem annoying to me while I was actually doing the workout. Maybe because I was working so hard, but I barely even noticed it. And I was sure it was going to be irritating, but for some reason it wasn't.
Ciddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 03:10 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Oh man! I keep hoping to see people saying how much they HATE this workout! LOL
I have STS Cardio preordered, but would sure like to get at least the preview disk. Hmm...TotalFitnessdvds has it.
HOW DID I MISS THIS???? I had no idea I could buy this from Mary!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

This Kate for the heads up, I am off to go see Mary
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 03:12 PM  
pcramer

I meant thanks Kate...too much excitement!! lol
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 04:30 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

FYI: look for the dvd at totalfitness under the BeachBody link. Click on Tony and it's with one of his One on One workouts.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 05:36 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
The tuck jumps aren't in the sneak preview workout. At this point, we have no idea which workout will have this move.
I didn't mean the preview workout, I meant the previews we've been seeing on youtube and such.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 06:47 PM  
acescholar

I got the Insanity preview from Mary at Totalfitness (thanks for the tip Kate etal!), and I did the workout today.

I liked the workout a lot. The last round is killer; I got pretty slow on some of those burpees in the end! I don't think it's harder than the double blast premix of Cathe's Drill Max, but it really builds on you. I did end up adding another round of the warm up sets at the end to get the workout closer to an hour. I had to change my soaked top before adding on, so this gave me a little breather. [I didn't have a pool of sweat, but I did have big droplets sprayed all over my floor -- at many points I had sweat rolling down my face, my arms, and my back.]

I'm not sure yet I'll order the whole set. I want to do this workout a few more times to see if I need more than one of these!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:17 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

That's what I'm struggling with. Do I need more than one of these. But, I do love this workout.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:25 AM  
mspina

Quote:
That's what I'm struggling with. Do I need more than one of these. But, I do love this workout.
This will likely be a series that folks wait for a full review of before jumping in. I'm definitely getting it (mostly because I'm a BB coach and don't like not *really* knowing what the products are like - I personally can't recommend something I've never actually seen!), so I'll be sure to post a review of the entire series when it's finally released, as I'm sure others will as well. I'm hoping that there will actually be enough variety among the workouts to justify the series. Given BB's track history, I'm assuming this WILL be the case - they've been hitting home run after home run.

I'm thinking this will be a great rotation to do between more heavy strength rotations (e.g., P90X / CLX / STS) - do a P90X round, take 2 weeks as recovery, then do an Insanity round to really lean out and take a break from the heavy lifting.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:28 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

And, there really isn't any true bodyweight only workouts on the market. Yep, I can easily talk myself into BB's products, because they have been hitting them out of the ballpark.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insanity, shaun t